Posted on: December 4, 2019
Sazerac Company OverviewBuild your career at Sazerac. The Sazerac
Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and
whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle,
Eagle Rare, Blantons, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns
many popular brands across a range of spirits including Fireball,
Southern Comfort, Margaretville Spirits, Dr. McGillicuddys, 99
Brand, and Platinum Vodka. Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived
as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in
the United States and around the world. Since 2008, Sazerac has
experienced double-digit growth every year! We attribute our
success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands,
relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our
people. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced
professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for
growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting,
entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/ResponsibilitiesThe
Managerial Cost Accountant is responsible for supporting the
business with the primary goal of cost control. Responsibilities
include administration of the Managerial Cost Systems and ensuring
Sazerac operates with the most accurate full costs in the industry.
Additional responsibilities include cost reduction support, data
integrity (BOMs, Routes, Item Set Up), and financial
- Lead annual Managerial Standard Cost setting process for the
defined production facilities.
- Continually maintain Managerial Cost Systems (MCS) working with
various functional groups to ensure new items have accurate
- Manage all aspects of data input tables including but not
limited to bill of materials, routings, component details,
ingredient purchase and use, product recipes, 5010 credits, labor,
volume targets, etc.
- Work with the Operations Costing System experts to develop
consistencies between the two systems.
- Provide reliable costing data to support cost savings
initiatives, promote production efficiency, and optimized buying
opportunities related to quantity, freight and sourcing.
- Provide intuitive reports and analysis to all necessary
departments to improve business decisions.
- Research and analyze costing inquiries and provide analysis to
eliminate future problems and cost discrepancies.
- Participate in the improvement of the current cost setting
process to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Use the Performance Development System (PDS) to enhance
performance within the company through evaluation, planning and
goal execution. Strive to constantly develop oneself as a valuable
asset through personal and professional
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-3 years of manufacturing accounting experience--
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in MS product suite; specifically Excel and
- 1-3 years of Cost Accounting experience
- Experience with Infor System 21 ERP software------
Keywords: Sazerac, Louisville , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!