Company: LPX Inc. and Subsidiaries
Posted on: May 22, 2020
LPX, Inc. and Subsidiary Companies is a leader in the
construction industry with a rich family history. We are a
vertically integrated civil contractor serving Kentucky and
Indiana. We offer superior planning and services in Heavy Highway
Construction, Site Development, Asphalt Paving, Treatment Plant
Construction, Trucking Services, Material Testing, and
Commercial/Residential Construction. LPX and its Subsidiary
Companies are widely recognized for their positive workplace
culture and career growth opportunities. Our largest subsidiary,
Louisville Paving and Construction, has been serving the
Kentuckiana area since 1949.
The Staff Accountant for LPX Inc. and Subsidiary Companies is
responsible for completing various operational accounting tasks in
relation to accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, job
cost, and project management support. This role is a critical
member of the Accounting team and will have broad exposure across
all areas of the business. The incumbent will also take a proactive
role in identifying opportunities to improve processes, develop and
maintain effective controls and procedures.
- Accounts Receivable: Create and maintain project
- Accounts Payable: Process A/P invoices for payment including
analytical review of vendor invoices, vendor statements, purchase
orders, and related contracts, including coordination with Project
- Payroll: Input, manage and post the weekly payroll and
equipment activity of the company. Does not include the management
of payroll taxes.
- Job Costing: Setting-up new projects, managing budgets, and
posting project costs.
- Audit: Assist with annual audit by providing information to
external auditors and work to maintain and improve internal
- Budgets: Assist in monitoring departmental budgets throughout
the year and report any significant deviations to management with
analysis detailing the cause for the deviation and corrective
- Associates or Bachelor s degree in Business with an Accounting
- 3 - 5 years experience working in a construction related
environment or manufacturing is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. Computer-Ease and
Viewpoint experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with the entire
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Quality of Work - has established track record of producing
work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and
reflects well on the company; and is committed to producing high
quality work that is results-driven.
- Communication - demonstrated ability to successfully
communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Planning - demonstrated ability to effectively set priorities,
establish timelines, and leverage resources.
- Flexible and Adaptable - demonstrated ability to quickly and
effectively shift priorities and a history of being open to
- Customer-Focused - a history of meeting or exceeding customer
expectations and developing positive customer
- Resiliency - proven ability to deal effectively with pressure,
remain focused and optimistic, and can recover easily from
- Results Driven - able to make timely and effective decisions;
produce results through strategic planning and evaluation.
- Decision Making - demonstrated ability to drill down; analyze
and interpret data to make sound decisions after weighing costs,
benefits, risks and rewards.
- Health Insurance (PPO and HSA Plans)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance, Supplemental and Dependent Plans
- 401k with Company Match vested immediately
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Direct Deposit Paychecks
- Company Wellness Program
- Safety, Training and Certification Bonuses
- Employee Training and Advancement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Keywords: LPX Inc. and Subsidiaries, Louisville , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!