Company: New Hope Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Summary:Performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in
support of NHS, to include posting entries, verifying and
reconciling input to financial reporting system output, processing
payments, and/or assisting in preparation of billings and other
financial reports. Responds to inquiries and contacts other
departments and/or vendors to resolve a variety of problems.
Assists in performance of various clerical duties.Essential Duties
- Keys data and prepares batches for processing which involves
sorting, alphabetizing, and running tapes to verify hash counts and
- Prepares purchasing or related documents.
- Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents;
distributes and files financial documents and reports.
- Sorts documents; codes, logs, reviews for accuracy; matches
supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verifies invoices
- Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions;
reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting
- Researches processing problems, contacts departments and
vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to
inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts,
records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash
transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports.
- Assists in preparation of financial statements such as
billings, budgets, and cost reports.
- Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of
department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Cross-trained in other areas of Fiscal Department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.General
- Provides back-up at reception area as needed
- Perform tasks as requested by supervisor and CFO
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personnel and financial
matters of the Corporation
- Contribute to team effort to accomplish the Mission Statement
- Take daily bank deposits and mail to bank and post office,
- Assist Controller
- Be thoroughly familiar with, and review at least annually,
personnel policies and procedures of New Hope Services, In.
(Employee Handbook) Qualifications:
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills, spreadsheet
proficient (hardware and software).
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Account balancing skills.
- Ability to use an automated accounting system.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Strong general ledger, and accounts payable/receivable working
- High school diploma or GED required; at least 6 months of
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specified (course-work towards accounting degree may be substituted
for experience requirement as applicable)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
New Hope Services (NHS) is proudly celebrating 64 years of service
to Southern Indiana and our extended service area. NHS has built
the capacity to provide a full continuum of human services from
child and family support through ability services. Our unique
expertise in developing affordable housing allows us to also
partner with the communities we serve to have an even greater
positive economic and community development impact.
- Medical - company pays 80% of premium
- LTD - company paid
- Life Insurance - company paid
- Employee Assistance Program - company paid
- Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k - annual company match (% varies)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Paid
Holidays*Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: New Hope Services, Inc., Louisville , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Jeffersonville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...