Physical Therapy Office Specialist
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Physical Therapy Office SpecialistShift: M-F 10:30am - 7pm--Please
be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the
salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed.
Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the
interview process.JOB SUMMARY:--Performs a variety of tasks in a
clinic setting to enable Therapists to advise and treat patients in
accordance with Concentra policies, practices and
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
- Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
- Contacts appropriate payer (employer/insurance carrier) to
obtain authorization for requested--therapy services.
- Submits required documentation to payer to assist in
- Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
- Documents all appropriate information per Policy and
- Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the
referring CMCProvider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager and
other involved parties.
- Communicates with center staff as necessary.
- Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy
- Occusource-Check in therapy
- Check out - therapy
- Charge out therapy
- Escorts patients and coordinate flow
- Pulls medical records and process charts
- Calls no shows
- Maintains authorization process/logs
- Tracks Plan of Care--Patient Care/Dept. maintenance: (increase
- Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the
appropriate information on the provider board.
- Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy
- Call for authorization and document on correct form. If after 3
attempts, is unsuccessful in obtaining authorization, contact
employer and notify Medical Director and Center Therapy
- Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the
next day and fill out appropriate log.
- Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in
the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
- Wash/Fold therapy linens.
- Wipe down treatment tables.
- Refill ultra sound bottles.
- Check temperature of hydro collator / paraffin bath and record
in daily log.
- Performs HPEsWeekly:
- Maintain inventory of therapy supplies and printed forms.
- Discard electrodes of discharged patients.
- Put together packets for Group Health Marketing.Monthly
- Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
- Maintain inventory Fill/change water as needed in hot pack
- Defrost cold pack collator.
- Performs department cleaning
- Completes Essential Functions inventory form
- Assists with patient set up/take down
- Supervises exercise programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
- High school diploma or GED---
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program--------If you're looking for
an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much
it does its patients, consider Concentra.--This job requires access
to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing
discretion and secure information management.--Concentra is an
Equal Opportunity Employer,--including disability/veterans--
Keywords: Concentra, Louisville , Physical Therapy Office Specialist, Administration, Clerical , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!