Company: Wieland North America
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:Who We Are:Wieland is one of the world's leading
suppliers of semi-finished copper and copper alloy products. We
provide a large product and service portfolio including power,
automotive, ammunition, coinage, construction materials,
refrigeration, electronics and many other industries. To us, metal
is more than material.
Culture:Copper connects the world and brings people together who
share this passion. Wieland's culture is what makes a fun and
rewarding place, as a company we benefit daily from our employees
knowledge and abilities. The success of our company is based on the
dedication and expertise of each and every one of our employees. We
can rely on this, and have been doing so for nearly 200 years. We
provide our employees with their own, personal creative space they
need and our unconditional support. At Wieland, everyone can
contribute and share in the development of Wieland's future.
Wieland employees embody our values - respect, ambition,
reliability, diversity, optimism, and ownershipWieland is hiring
for an Mechanical Engineer for our new recycling and refining
facility located in Shelbyville, KY. The primary focus of this role
is to specify, install, and commission production equipment and
supporting systems which promote of manufacturing objectives set by
management. Manage capital and major maintenance projects. Support
maintenance team to solve more complex mechanical/pneumatic and
hydraulic issues. Proficient with cutting edge technologies to
ensure that the Company is leveraging the most effective equipment
and systems for increased productivity, quality, machine uptime,
safety, and profitability.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Estimate plant and equipment installation costs for preparing
requests for capital expenditures.
- Able to maintain project scope, schedules, budgets, and prevent
- Provide technical expertise in mechanical engineering design
and specifications of systems which include hydraulics, pneumatics,
power transmission, mechanical fastening, welding, and
- Create machine and component design, equipment layout, and
structural fabrication drawings to be used for fabrication and
assembly by internal personnel or outside vendors.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations
supporting design including mechanical requirements, safety
standards, and machine reliability metrics.
- Provide technical support and training to Maintenance and
Production as needed.
- Direct employees, maintenance personnel, and contractors
- Analyze various competing equipment suppliers, engineering
firms and consultants, selecting the optimum for the intended
jobMechanical Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
preferably with a state professional license.
- 10+ years related job experience
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA & Kentucky Building Codes
- Proficient with MS Office, AutoCad, Solidworks or Inventor
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems and machine
design and their application in automated industrial equipment and
systemsWhat Wieland Offers You:
Medical, Dental & Vision
401(k) contribution + match
Disability & Life
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Wieland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive
environment for all employees. Come join Wieland today and help us
continue to build a global corporation we are all proud to belong
Keywords: Wieland North America, Louisville , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Shelbyville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!