Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description:The Manufacturing Engineer is directly
responsible for the strategic and tactical management and execution
of all aspects of receiving, warehousing, distribution, shipping,
purchasing/sourcing, production, and inventory control operations
in an agile, fast paced manufacturing environment. The
Manufacturing Engineer will also assist the Manufacturing Leader in
coaching, driving, and developing hourly production team members to
achieve high performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery,
- Promote a culture of safety and compliance, ensuring the
observation of safety precautions and safe work methods by all
personnel, including behavior-based safety observations, safety
meetings, safety audits, and 5S housekeeping standards.
- Lead material flow and strategy deployment for all material
- Proactively drive continuous improvement materials programs
utilizing Lean methodologies and practices.
- Responsible for the overall inventory management process
emphasizing reduced inventory levels and increased inventory
- Work closely with Operations, ERP and Lean teams to identify
and address Materials issues related to process improvements and
- Review and calculate safety stock and economic order
- Responsibility for driving 95% inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for inventory portion of financial reviews;
generate and maintain on-going inventory project deck to drive
- Successfully manage multiple priorities without direct
- Ensure all company-required tools, programs and management
systems are properly implemented and that documentation required to
support programs and management systems are comprehensive and
- Complete required reports timely and accurately.
- Benchmark and share best practices across GE Appliances.
- Ensure the products produced within the entire value stream
operation are defect-free and produced according to
- Provide supervisory responsibilities for production
- Monitor manufacturing processes, data & reports daily and drive
the resolution or escalation for any issues.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to address
and solve delivery issues (i.e., Team Leader, engineering,
manufacturing, transportation, quality).
- Monitor scrap and downtime data/reports to drive resolution of
issues and work projects to prevent future issues Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering, or other
relevant field of study.
- Excellent presentation skills and solid verbal/written
- 2-5 Years of Engineering Experience
- Initiative and ability to handle multiple priorities and
- Strong systems experience and capabilities, including MRP/ERP
systems and MS Word/Excel. Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong planning/forecasting capabilities; experience in
production control, forecasting, master scheduling and Lean
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Detailed and
proficient in data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence
and collaborate among multiple functional stakeholders.
- Customer focus, high energy, and aggressive approach to
- Prior experience in managing change, implementation of new
- Understanding and prior usage/application of Lean manufacturing
Keywords: Modis, Louisville , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!