Chemical Plant Safety Technician (Experienced Level Professional)
Company: Michelin North America
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Chemical Plant Safety Technician (Experienced Level
Professional)Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Chemical Plant Safety Technician ensures the correct
application and effectiveness of the site's EP Management System on
the safety domain. This is done by supporting the facility in the
areas of safety, regulatory compliance, industrial hygiene,
worker's compensation, environmental protection, security, fire
protection, and ergonomics
This position is located at the ASRC location which is one of three
chemical plants of Michelin worldwide. The mission of ASRC is to
produce synthetic elastomers to supply the Group's tire production
factories. In addition, this site is responsible for
industrializing new elastomers, resulting from research, which will
help create the tires of tomorrow. ASRC provides technical
assistance to the Michelin plants globally and supports major
- Carries out regular assessments of the EP Safety. Fire, PSM, IH
ergonomic and health risks at the site, and coordinates prevention
- Establishes and maintains the EP/ safety and PSM procedures as
part of the EP management system.
- Organizes EP audits and diagnostics (Safety. Fire, PSM, IH
ergonomic), and leads action plans which result from them.
- Manages the business planning process for the safety
- For all site projects, ensures that the EP/ safety component is
validated at each milestone.
- Brings their technical skill and that of their teams to the
various entities of the site. When necessary, encourages the use of
- Provides and carries out EP awareness and training programs for
- Acts as the safety champion and facilitates the safety spokes'
functions within a network that they lead.
- If an EP major event occurs, assists in conducting protective
and restart operations, determining root causes, implementing
- Assists in the establishment of rules, procedures, and
instructions applicable to the site in the domain of safety, fire,
PSM and industrial hygiene and do periodic reviews to assure their
- For all engineering work on site, assure that all precautions
are taken to identify, manage and reduce safety risks.
- Analyze all site projects to check or include safety
- Contribute to the completion of safety awareness and training
programs to employees and managers.
- Alert the plant management of all serious non-conformances or
all persistent risks, and propose essential corrective
- Routinely analyze safety events that have occurred on the site
for trends and implement action plans to avoid reoccurrence.
- Lead in the administration of root cause analysis for specified
accidents, injuries and other safety sensitive events to identify
causes in order to reduce the risk of future occurrences.
- BS/BA in Occupational Safety or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in safety or related function in a
chemical manufacturing environment
- Process Safety Management (PSM) experience is a must
- ASP or equivalent certifications is a plus
- Environmental experience is a plus
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin
designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle,
including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm
equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and
solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more
environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences,
Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps
and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs
more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants
in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who
work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a
purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent
of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with
our company each year.
Michelin's status as a great place to work has been validated by
the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America's Best Large Employers," No. 1
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work--
- \" 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation\"
by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and
inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring
that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75
percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer
multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow
and realize their purpose across the span of their individual
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way
Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total
Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life
insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities,
women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any
part of the employment process because of a disability, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
Keywords: Michelin North America, Louisville , Chemical Plant Safety Technician (Experienced Level Professional), Engineering , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!