R&D Vision Engineer
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Research and Development group within MHS focuses on novel
approaches to automation within the material handling sector.
R&D is seeking an experienced Computer Vision Product Developer
to join the Computer Vision group.
This roll involves full scale product development, from project
conception to field deployment. You will be working with a
close-knit team of developers tackling some of the hardest computer
vision problems in material handling. Candidates should be
self-motivated and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Provide input on scope, identify possible limitations, and
solutions related to projects involving computer vision.
- Develop image processing pipelines to analyze environment
states and report information to motor control systems.
- Implement efficient, industrial, and robust C/C++ code in a
- Work with various sub teams, such as electrical, mechanical,
controls, manufacturing, aftersales, procurement, etc.
- Write documentation related to product information,
communication specifications, installation and maintenance
What We're Looking For
- M.S. or PhD. in Comp. Sci., Comp. E., Elec. E. or related
fields (or strong experience if B.S.)
- Experience with Image Processing
- Experience with 3D Point Clouds
- Five years of experience in C++/Python
- Development in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, Arch, RedHat,
CentOS, Raspbian etc)
- Git or equivalent version control
- Experience developing software architecture
- Strong communication, organization, and time management
- Experience with OpenCV, PCL, and/or ROS a plus
- Knowledgeable in NVIDIA's line of GPUs (Titan, Tesla, Jetson,
- Develop, train, and integrate Deep Learnging Algorithms
- Autonomous and Semi-autonomous robotics experience It is the
policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated
companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or
mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related
condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status,
citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: MHS, Louisville , R&D Vision Engineer, Engineering , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!