Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance work
Full-time assignment_ind No Weekends star_rate New
Category: Directors and Managers --- Job ID: 27750-021821GCNS Galen
College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing
college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education.
Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's
fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education
and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the
other. At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs
are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) As you consider joining
Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we
embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come
from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability
and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and
sustained through the development of all employees. We care about
each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed
expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and
grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing
education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience,
attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help
changes lives, we'd love to talk! Galen College of Nursing is
looking for an Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and
Compliance to--provide leadership in the areas of
regulatory--compliance, policy and procedure development and
interpretation, and policy compliance. The Associate Director will
also assist in providing oversight for the risk management and
Section 504/Title IX disability and accommodations services for the
- Provide leadership in assuring programs at all campuses meet
applicable accreditation, state board of nursing, and state board
of education standards and criteria.
- Maintain consistent, up-to-date knowledge of all accrediting
and regulatory agency standards and institutional policies and
- Research and interpret institutional and regulatory policies
and procedures. Provide policy recommendations for the College
based on best practices in higher education, internal findings, and
- Provide guidance and interpretation of institutional and
regulatory policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with state, federal, and
- Prepare, review, and edit materials required for accreditation
applications and site visits.
- Manage and attend campus visits from regulatory agencies.
Provide guidance and work closely with staff to design and develop
an electronic exhibit room, and materials for accreditation
off-site and on-site review.
- Identify and implement strategies for improvement and
consistency related to accreditation.
- Chair and/or participate in appropriate accreditation committee
meetings and monitor and report on committee activities.
- Monitor information from accrediting agencies and disseminate
timely updates to appropriate deans, program directors, faculty,
staff, and external stakeholders. Provide updates on regulatory
changes to Executive Management, advising and developing guidance
for policy adherence.
- Develop and lead training programs to improve compliance with
policies and regulations.
- Audit campus and department compliance with Galen, accreditor,
and regulatory agency policies, procedures, guidelines, and best
- Identify potential and existing areas of vulnerability and risk
within the institution and recommend corrective actions for
resolution. Report areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Coordinate updates to all institutional publications, including
the College website and Student Catalog, securing legal counsel
review where appropriate, and review all published materials for
compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review and investigate complaints or concerns reported through
the Grievance Procedure, 504 Title IX Complaints, or external
- Monitor local, regional, and national publications for news and
events that may impact the College.
- All other duties related to ensuring accreditations are
achieved as assigned. Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of compliance, regulatory or accreditation
experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Must possess decisiveness, confidence, flexibility, and ability
to adapt to change.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills demonstrated
at all organizational levels.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical abilities with
high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and
organize projects to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel to support institutional
efforts at each campus. Special Qualifications: Working knowledge
of Microsoft Office products. Must be highly organized with ability
to work in a team environment, multitask and prioritize projects.
Must have an ability to respect at all times the confidential
nature of the work and information in the Executive's office.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal Inclusivity:--I foster an
environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach
their full potential. Character:--I act with integrity and
compassion in all I do. Accountability:--I own my role and accept
responsibility for my actions. Respect:--I value every person as an
individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence:--I commit myself to the highest level of quality in
everything I do. We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is
nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We
offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our
knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest
in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is
regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate and
Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at
Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the--Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree
program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education
in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's
accreditation status, please visit our--website We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking-- here . For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1. Get job notifications based
on your interests HCA Healthcare
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203 Copyright 1999-2020 C-HCA, Inc.; All rights
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Louisville , Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!