Director, Commodity Risk Management
Company: SERHUM CONSULTORIA EM RH
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Tracking Code 213833-886 Job Description Restaurant Supply Chain
Solutions, LLC, a Yum! Brands Co-op, is currently seeking a
Director to join the Commodity Risk Management Team in Louisville,
KY. Overview of the Position:The Director is a key role within the
Commodity Risk Management team that manages $3.7 billion of
commodity risk management spend for the Yum! Brands system. The
Director leads efforts to expand risk management initiatives across
various functions to mitigate price risk, lock-in profitable
margins and provide competitive pricing relative to key benchmarks.
Participation in key system wide projects and analytical
assessments of various commodity markets, supply chain initiatives
and government policies are a vital function of this role. The
delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems is essential
in this role. The position reports to the Senior Director,
Commodity Risk Management.Position Responsibilities:
- Deliver on all financial objectives:
- Lead key commodity categories and collaborate with all
stakeholders to deliver ingredient margins favorable to targets and
to manage ingredient cost favorable to market benchmarks. Assist
the procurement team in providing supply assurance.
- Favorably manage the cost of goods sold (COGS) inflation
compared to benchmarks by using analytics and key market
fundamental and technical information.
- Lead the commodity risk management categories for corn, soybean
meal, canola oil, soybean oil, secondary oil and secondary wheat as
well as collaboratively provide input on other key commodities
hedged within the team. Category ownership includes:
- Directing the category risk management program with all
suppliers by coordinating hedge strategies, risk management tools,
volumes and hedge adjustments into product pricing.
- Managing the order entry functions for all directly managed
commodities; including basis and mill-feed credits for wheat-based
products and basis for soybean and canola oils.
- Proactively being responsible for maintaining accurate and
timely data inputs into the RSCS Planning and Risk Integrated
Supply Management (PRISM) system that tracks commodity positions
and the cost of goods sold.
- Proactively assess price risk by building analytical models
based on fundamental supply and demand variables for all key
- Validating commodity risk management positions are reflected in
the cost bars communicated to buyers by suppliers.
- Leading the board of director strategy meetings and conference
calls for managed categories.
- Being the category expert on corn, soybean meal, canola oil,
soybean oil, secondary oil and secondary wheat risk management
along with other commodities as assigned by the Sr. Director of
Commodity Risk Management. This includes the understanding of
agricultural production practices and commodity supply chains.
- Assist with the expansion of risk management initiatives for
packaging products including corrugate and polypropylene.
- Proactive leadership of categories and technology:
- Utilize the PRISM system to maximize the profitability of RSCS
members by analyzing data and utilizing advanced analytics to
ensure accurate ingredient cost.
- Input all commodity risk management data into the PRISM system
and ensure accuracy including properly articulating and accounting
for commodity option positions in financial summary tables.
- Create commodity market communications for the board of
directors and internal stakeholders that provides updates on
commodity market price direction, strategies and the impacts to the
- Facilitate the development of strategic hedge plans, which
includes thoroughly studying statistical correlations and risk
associated with hedging in various markets.
- Create timely and accurate monthly Hedge Summary reports.
- Facilitate government affairs initiatives related to ethanol,
biodiesel, renewable diesel fuel, dairy and trade policies.
- Collaborate and innovate with the procurement team to source
raw materials and ingredients at a savings to members.
- Develop hedging programs for non-exchange listed ingredients
such as starches and sweeteners.
- Lead or participate on special project teams, as needed.
- Utilize Excel to compile, sort and analyze large sets of data
to deliver savings to stakeholders. Advanced Excel skills
- Requires travel - 5% to 10%. Required Skills
- Candidate will be a leader of WC 2 values and proactively drive
business solutions based on the following expectations:
- Uncompromising adherence to being honest, truthful and
ethically strong at all times.
- Ability to garner trust and respect of all constituents, while
managing tight timelines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to develop and make strategic solution decisions with
partial information and during volatile time periods.
- Ability to think strategically and entrepreneurially, while
keeping an eye on tactical execution.
- Candidate will have an extremely high level of ambition and
motivation for success, will be solutions oriented, results driven
and a self-starter.
- High technological proficiency and strong willingness to
embrace new and efficient analytical initiatives.
- Breakthrough results
- Candidate will have the innate curiosity to use data to make
decisions and will be able to lead and influence.
- Candidate will embrace change and new technologies to drive
- High expectations of stakeholders
- Ability to be highly analytical, yet convey complex statistical
models and market dynamics in a common-sense language.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the
ability to shift gears quickly.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize.
Flexibility and adaptability to change is crucial.
- Candidate will promote and champion the RSCS World Class with
Class Values (WC 2 ) by acting with integrity, delivering
breakthrough results, being transparent and collaborate, recognize
and celebrate, being humble & respectful, serve our members and
pursue growth and lifelong learning. Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Agricultural
Economics or strong understanding of agricultural markets. Master's
or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a position related to
agricultural commodity risk management. Prefer experience managing
grain or vegetable oil commodities.
- Strong understanding of agricultural production practices or
farm experience is preferred.
- Experience with risk analysis and a complete understanding of
futures, options, and OTC structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and
written communication skills. Job Location Louisville, Kentucky,
United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: SERHUM CONSULTORIA EM RH, Louisville , Director, Commodity Risk Management, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!