Director, Food Procurement
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Tracking Code 213836-886 Job Description Restaurant Supply Chain
Solutions, LLC, a Yum! Brands Co-op, is currently seeking a
Director, Food Procurement, to join the Food and Packaging
Procurement team in Louisville, KY. Overview of PositionThis role
is responsible for providing strategic leadership and driving key
results for the dairy and sauce categories (-$950 million in spend)
across Yum! Brands (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Habit Burger) and
A&W.Essential FunctionsStrategic Leadership
- Develops, secures alignment, and implements the strategic
vision for the dairy and sauce categories across all brands.
Recognized thought leader for dairy and sauce industries, as well
as aware of emerging trends in the respective categories.
- Leads the categories in the development and execution of
breakthrough sourcing strategies and negotiations that draw from
thorough category/industry analysis and a deep understanding of the
- Ensures that short and long-term strategies and resulting
allocation decisions effectively support the business success
across all critical elements including food safety, quality, supply
assurance, innovation and sustained competitive pricing.
- Provides critical leadership and execution focus to achieve
Brand, Yum! and RSCS objectives for sustainability and supplier
diversity. Ensures sourcing strategies consider these important
areas and that supplier decisions and initiatives support
attainment of the desired goals.
- Collaborates with CRM (Commodity Risk Management) to manage
commodity market risks within the respective categories and
accurately forecast future costs. Proactively ensures physical
supply Agreements are structured to enable effective risk
management approaches and looks for new opportunities to manage
exposures within the category.
- Proactively identifies future business trends and develops new
partnerships, as needed, to best meet the emerging needs of the
- Closely collaborates with Brand resources on food innovation
and commercialization to achieve desired objectives. Ensures
effective supply base capability to meet innovation needs.
- Collaborates with cross-functional resources and influences
decision-making to achieve improved system solutions across a
variety of areas including marketing calendar/promotional timing,
supply contingency, inventory, innovation, cost savings, and
- Proactively engages cross-functional partners to support
broader strategy considerations to support more effective
solutions. Deep understanding of business, changes required, and
potential risks associated with strategy shifts. Proactively
addresses these considerations in strategies.
- Shares category, supplier, and procurement knowledge with
counterparts to expand organizational knowledge and
- Develops and effectively leverages supplier relationships to
maximize value delivery and ensure supplier focus, resource
allocation, and execution support Brand needs for success.
- Coach and develop peers and teammates across food and packaging
procurement to drive additional value and to attain greater
responsibilities within RSCS.World Class with Class - Our Values
- Candidate will be a leader of WC 2 values and proactively drive
business solutions based on the following expectations:
- Uncompromising adherence to being honest, truthful and
ethically strong at all times.
- Ability to garner trust and respect of all constituents, while
managing tight timelines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to develop and make strategic solution decisions.
- Candidate will have an extremely high level of ambition and
motivation for success, will be solutions oriented, results driven
and a self-starter.
- Breakthrough results
- Candidate will embrace change to drive results.
- High expectations of stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the
ability to shift gears quickly.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize.
Flexibility and adaptability to change is crucial.
- Candidate will promote and champion the RSCS World Class with
Class Values (WC 2 ) by acting with integrity, delivering
breakthrough results, being transparent and collaborate, recognize
and celebrate, being humble and respectful, serve our members and
pursue growth and lifelong learning. Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Prefer Master's
or MBA in Agribusiness Management/Economics.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in procurement, supply
chain or commodity management.
- Must have food procurement experience. Experience with QSR or
CPG procurement or within the food industry.
- Ability to develop strategic vision and align resources to
execute against it.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to aid in
building effective relationships, assess business needs and deliver
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence
internal and external outcomes.
- Experience with detailed cost analysis, inventory management,
commodity/food industry knowledge, knowledge of various food
specifications, dairy/ingredient markets, supplier development,
planning and forecasting, and contingency planning.
- Ability to penetrate details, analyze situations, synthesize
disparate information to make sound decisions in a dynamic
- Acts with a sense of urgency and ability to determine when a
need for thoroughness versus speed is appropriate.
- Effective coach/mentor to develop individuals to increase
organization capacity and capability.
- Effectively manages external business relationships to gain
support for RSCS strategies and create incremental value.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively assess business risks,
develop and execute strategies to mitigate.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and critical
- Advanced communication and presentation skills, both written
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams. Job Location Louisville,
Kentucky, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Louisville , Director, Food Procurement, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!