Associate Chief Medical Officer
Company: ChenMed LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Location Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America Category
Clinical Job Id R0015645 ChenMed is transforming healthcare for
seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care
delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an
innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end
customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class
primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population
- moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and
empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost
outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall
health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it
should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing
their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients' "face time"
during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger
doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances
compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital
admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is
reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores
in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read
more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors
and the health care system overall. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with
ancillary medical services, including dental, pharmacy and
acupuncture under one roof. Maximizes doctors and services in "one
shop" to deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that
enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care,
particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate
- Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum,
from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex,
chronic illnesses. Invests in our patients by implementing
strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Participates in doctors'
meetings three times a week to present their patients to the entire
group to enhance accountability and collaboration, as well as
foster ongoing innovation.
- Utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support
every aspect of the ChenMed model and culture. This technology also
enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture,
health care philosophy, and patient mix.
- Oversees the medical services of 2-3 medical clinics and 4 to 8
plus physicians in a specific market according to our
- Hires, manages and mentors primary care physicians as a
clinical leader. Directly responsible for talent selection and
development including but not limited to: leading candidate
interview panels, facilitated practice (shadowing physicians),
1:1s, leadership development plan execution, and performance
- Directly manages both primary care and one additional clinical
functional area (e.g., transitional care or cardiology)
- Leads our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality
meetings and participates in market leadership, executive, and
- Supports the development and cultivation of positive
relationships with local specialists and the medical community
under the guidance of the market chief medical officer.
- Manages clinical teams to adhere to standard operating
procedures on coding, HEDIS and other evidence based medicine.
- Cultivates a uniform clinical culture, clinical values,
clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded,
over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and
revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting
company you are looking for! After applying, we encourage you to
"follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay
informed and up to date on what's happening around our organization
and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY! KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related
to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory,
administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues,
especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mid-level supervision agreements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as
part of a team, in collaborative settings, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to
build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues,
external contacts, and other MT members.
- Able to motivate staff; promote team building; assume
leadership role within clinical arena.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including
creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge
related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse
patient and employee population.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront
difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence
Standards of TVHC, Inc
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to
willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological
requirements of modern medical health center practices
required.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care
specialty field of practice.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA
license and CPR, required.
- Strongly prefer minimum one (1) year experience in
progressively responsible administrative or management-related
positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in
medically needy and underserved communities and in a community
health center setting.
- Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical
staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer (1) one year previous experience as Associate
Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient
- Previous experience providing services and exercising
leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with
- Previous experience working within a managed care environment
strongly preferred, especially with experience in
administrative/management capacity.As a member of the Executive
Management team, the Associate Chief Medical Officer for the Market
is responsible for reviewing, recommending, and implementing,
clinical protocols, performance objectives, productivity
benchmarks, compliance measures, provider workflow planning and
provider scheduling. The position also serves as
coach/mentor/trainer to staff providers, giving guidance in best
practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations
issues in priority of urgency according to TVHC policy and FQHC
standards. The ACMO for the Market represents the Clinic at
required meetings with affiliated agencies. As a licensed MD, the
ACMO for the Market will also provide direct patient services in
addition to their duties in administration.This position is a
bridge between a people leader and market leader. Get tailored job
recommendations based on your interests. Life at ChenMed Culture
We're working together to build strong communities inside and
outside. Benefits ChenMed sees the whole person and looks to
support your well-being. Share the opportunity Meet Our Team "I
came to ChenMed because it fulfills my purpose as a person. Those
who work for this company are very special, and they have the
opportunity to do something life-changing." Lynette Acosta, Center
Manager "I love that I get to teach our clinicians and
non-clinicians things that I am passionate about...I also love
working for a company that truly improves the quality of life for
our seniors." Nestor Arias, Senior Training Specialist "I truly
love ChenMed's vision and mission. It's the right way to treat
patients and the way I treat my family." "I came to ChenMed because
it fulfills my purpose as a person. Those who work for this company
are very special, and they have the opportunity to do something
life-changing." Lynette Acosta, Center Manager "I love that I get
to teach our clinicians and non-clinicians things that I am
passionate about...I also love working for a company that truly
improves the quality of life for our seniors." Nestor Arias, Senior
Keywords: ChenMed LLC, Louisville , Associate Chief Medical Officer, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!