Director, Pharmacy Operations
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process.
Director, Pharmacy Operations Louisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Director, Pharmacy Operations to join our
Pharmacy Support team.-- This is a work from home position that
requires heavy--amounts of travel. Summary: This position provides
clinical and regulatory support to Kindred pharmacy operations.
Support includes ensuring medication use is consistent with
evidence-based standards, developing medication safety initiatives,
maintaining regulatory compliance with national and state agencies,
and performance improvement across Kindred's various lines of
business. Additionally, this position manages strategic pharmacy
projects with an emphasis on pharmacy purchasing standards,
medication management, and technology. This position will also work
collaboratively with facility CEOs, CCOs, medical staff, and
department directors to accomplish objectives of the onsite
pharmacy department as needed. Essential Functions:
- Participates in planning and creation of pharmacy's strategic
- Provide guidance on matters regarding pharmacy regulatory
- Provide clinical and staff development education.
- Development and maintenance of detailed project plans,
including communication and coordination among internal and
external resources, to ensure projects are completed on time,
within scope, and within budget.
- Collaborate with pharmacy leaders to identify, evaluate, and
facilitate changes in purchasing, contracting and utilization;
maximizing market share and product standardization to improve
- Operational maintenance, implementations management, and
end-user training for pharmacy systems (e.g., RxConnect, Pyxis ES,
ABC Passport, Micromedex).
- Active participant in Pharmacy Advisory Committee and other
committees as assigned.
- Communicates routine project updates to key stakeholders and
works collaboratively with other disciplines to implement new
processes or to resolve problems.
- Trends and analyzes financial and drug utilization--data.
- Reports, trends, and analyzes pharmacy key quality
- Responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of
policies, procedures, and processes that support hospital pharmacy
operations to maintain Kindred operational standards and compliance
with federal pharmacy laws (DEA, USP, DSCSA, etc.)
- Provide direct oversight of designated hospital pharmacy
operations as assigned.
- Provide individual and pharmacy performance reports to direct
and dotted line reports
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Efficient worker with the ability to manage stress.
- Maintain active pharmacist licensure for state of
- Maintain knowledge of current Joint Commission medication
management standards and CMS standards for pharmacy services.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: up to 75%
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy. Masters
Level Degree in Business or Management preferred.--
- Registered pharmacist in state of residency
- Completion of a post-graduate pharmacy practice residency or
fellowship and/or two years of experience as a licensed hospital
pharmacist. Pharmacy management experience is strongly preferred.--
Depending on candidate's qualifications, this position may be
filled at a different level.-- If you are a current
Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here . Benefits & Recognition Our
goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that
enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly
qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and
recognition for going above & beyond. Healthcare We offer a variety
of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options. 401(k) Plan
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer
our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program. Wellness Program We
offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress
reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community Community involvement is consistent with our company's
principles and with our mission of customer service and quality
care. You have high standards. So do we. Find your future with
Kindred, the nation's largest specialty hospital company. A career
here will allow you to learn, thrive and grow in a positive and
supportive environment where your input matters. Join us and see
all that you can accomplish when you combine your talent, skills
and dedication with a highly successful and compassionate
healthcare leader. Get the latest job openings based on your
interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters Share some preliminary info about
yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and
career and future opportunities.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Louisville , Director, Pharmacy Operations, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!