Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The District Manager has responsibility to lead, direct, and
motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales
associates within the District to achieve the highest safety
standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational
excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and
strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has
full P&L responsibility for their branches/territory.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES include the following. Other duties as
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas
facilities. Ensure that all branch personnel are walking the talk
with regard to safety.
- Manage the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may
have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities
in the branches and throughout the District.
- Ensure branch planners are in place at all branches and take
responsibility for execution.
- Maintain the stocks of gases and HGs at all locations to ensure
- Ensure that branch associates and field sales associates are
adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers' needs
and requirements. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP
- Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and
strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation
expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and
- Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provide support for the transition of sweet spot customers to
the Total Access program as well as target customers for any new TA
initiatives that are developed.
- Ensure effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication
throughout the District.QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management,
Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in
a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant
leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution
industry.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation
- Team player; strong collaboration skills; ability to
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency;
ability to work independently.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside
the Company.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to focus objects.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily travel is required; a minimum amount of overnight travel
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
the work environment varies (office, branch, customer visits, and
plants).EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Louisville , District Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!