Business Development Manager - Shelbyville, Ky
Company: Baumann Paper Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying,
closing and managing new accounts and current customers in a
defined territory to meet revenue and profitability goals. The BDM
will build consultative relationships and identify opportunities to
solution-sell to businesses across multiple cleaning, sanitation,
disinfecting and foodservice applications. Product category
responsibility ranges from paper and plastic supplies to chemicals
and commercial cleaning equipment for major National Brands. Focus
verticals are: Education, Healthcare, State facilities,
Hospitality, Manufacturing and Property Management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying new clients and growing existing
customers, understanding the customer buy cycle and budgeting
schedule, setting customer meetings, developing and delivering
effective proposals, and building successful relationships with new
and existing clients. Measurement will be net revenue, profit $
growth and new customer acquisition.
- Organize monthly joint sales calls with National Brand
Suppliers to deliver on growth expectations, goals and objectives.
Expected to become a category expert for represented products and
- Expected to be able to identify customer opportunities through
effective customer site audits and have the verbal and written
communication skills to present creative solution-based proposals.
Expected to know the customers purchase cycle and align with
- Responsible for communicating market intelligence and voice of
customer feedback to the VP of sales
- Responsible for working with Purchasing and the Pricing Analyst
on existing and new customer bids and proposals.
- Participate in Tradeshows and Conferences at the request of the
- Responsible for regular utilization of Baumann Paper Companys
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no supervisory
- Planning & Organizing: Strong self-discipline to effectively
plan in a remote sales position. Sets priorities. Schedules
activities. Effectively communicates with, and utilizes, internal
resources to maximize sales. Excellent time management required
with the ability to prioritize across a large number of customers
to achieve annual growth objectives.
- Negotiating: Professional negotiating skills required in a
consultative selling role; readily works with Suppliers and
Co-workers to provide best in class solutions.
- Business Acumen: Makes business and financial decisions in the
interest of the company; Displays orientation to profitable growth;
Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with
- Influencing: Exhibits the ability to gain others support for
ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Customer Orientation: Strong listening skills required. Empathy
and urgency expected in responding to the customer.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree required (concentration business, with an
emphasis on professional selling is preferred).
- Proven track record of success in BtoB selling with a large
customer count preferred.
- Prior experience in the Jan/San or Foodservice supplies
industries a plus.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
drive, stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel & crouch. Additionally
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands
and arms, talk or hear. Periodically lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Possess normal vision with or without correction and able
to distinguish color. Possess sufficient speech, writing &
communication skills necessary to effectively carry out job
functions and responsibilities.
Travel: Approximate local travel is 70%. Occasional overnight
travel may be required. Access to reliable transportation is
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet.by Jobble
Keywords: Baumann Paper Company, Louisville , Business Development Manager - Shelbyville, Ky, Executive , Shelbyville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!