Learning & Development Manager
Company: St. Joseph Children's Home
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Who are we?St. Joseph Children's Home, located in the St.
Matthews area of Louisville, has evolved throughout the years to
become a multi-faceted, child caring nonprofit licensed by the
Commonwealth of Kentucky with the mission of "Giving Children a
Home."St. Joe's serves children in all counties of Kentucky,
regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, race, or creed.
Since 1849, St. Joe's has provided a safe and loving home to over
75,000 boys and girls. We will not quit until every child has a
family!We offer the following competitive benefits to our valued
$500 Retention Bonus, payable upon 90 days of satisfactory
- Full benefits package including:
- Child Care Discount (50% off tuition for employees!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K/403b Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick/Personal DaysWhat do we need?The Learning &
Development Manager develops and oversees all aspects of employee
training as well as ongoing career development for St. Joe's
staff.More specifically, the candidate chosen for this
- Designs, plans, organizes, and directs orientation as well as
ongoing training programs for employees.
- Acts as the primary trainer for the following programs:
- Safe Crisis Management (SCM) (Ensures that all JKM contractual
obligations are being implemented as well as ensures as a trainer
that current certification is at all times in place)
- New Employee Orientation
- First Aid
- Foster Parent In-Service Training
- Mandatory Reporting
- Acts as the primary point person for new hires throughout their
first 60 days of employment.
- Assesses training needs through surveys, interviews with
employees, analysis of Performance Evaluations, focus groups, or
consultation with managers.
- Uses that information to develop and implement specific
training programs that help workers maintain or improve job
- Presents information with a variety of instructional techniques
or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises,
group discussions, videos, or lectures.Development:
- Researches and assists in the development of Performance
Management, coaching, succession planning, and data analytics that
focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with
priority organizational concerns.
- Develops, initiates and maintains effective programs for
workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Conducts and communicates quarterly reporting regarding any
required training and/or Performance Management deficits.
- Participates in HR department strategic planning and provides
leadership for Training and Development policy
development.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
- Experience with principles and methods for curriculum and
training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and
groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting
organization-wide development programs that cover performance
management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data
analytics and relationship management.Physical Factors:
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lifting/Carrying/Pushing 50 max lbs
- Repetitive kneeling movements to and from the floor
- Supporting another participants body weight
Keywords: St. Joseph Children's Home, Louisville , Learning & Development Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!