Company: AJS Hotels
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionThe Night Manager oversees the
overnight operation of the Galt House Hotel. You will be
responsible for the successful overnight operations of the hotel in
accordance with the established standards of Galt House Hotel and
AJS Hotels. Ensuring the highest standards of customer service are
met at the Front Desk, Engineering and in Housekeeping services
according to the policies, procedures and goals of the company and
the brand. You will support and assist our overnight Security and
Risk Management team as well as our Night Audit team as needed.
With your strong operational experience and solid leadership skills
you will lead our overnight team in an engaged and committed effort
to deliver on our guest service promises and create memorable guest
experiences, while also ensuring all safety rules are being
- Assist the Director of Rooms in efficiently managing the
department according to established team goals and departmental
- Familiarize yourself with all Brand standards for Wyndham
(Trademark Hotel Collection) as well as systems including Opera,
Micros, Alice, Nor-1, Delphi and others.
- Supervision of all overnight Front Office staff, Engineering
and Housekeeping associates ensuring their services are carried out
with the utmost efficiency, professionalism and service
- Always ensuring complete guest satisfaction, at an excellent
level. Handling all guest complaints overnight as well as internal
customer opportunities and inquiries in a courteous, efficient and
- Ensuring positive morale and upstanding ethics of your
overnight associates, while overseeing staff performance whilst
assisting them in their duties.
- Observe and communicate general maintenance and cleanliness
- Assist in rostering of staff ensuring the departments are
adequately manned according to occupancy, service requirements and
- Ensure all legal requirements are adhered to (I.e. Wage and
Hour/Breaks, Health and Safety, etc.).
- Actively participates as a member of the management team in
decision making processes, attending required meetings, etc.
- Delegate work and determine operational methods to staff
- Oversee daily/shift schedules; make any necessary changes per
business need and budget.
- Ensure maximum revenue is achieved from all sales
- Ensure a safe and productive work environment, provide safety
training as needed.
- Other additional job responsibilities as assignedQualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a
high-volume full-service hotel.
- Passion for excellence in customer service and the ability to
lead by example.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to
- Superior customer service skills along with excellent service
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and possesses a great
attention to detail.
- Understanding of budgets and expense management.
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures related to
safety and risk management.
- Ability to work overnight shifts and flexible hours on a
rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays.
Keywords: AJS Hotels, Louisville , Night Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!