Director of Population Health Operations
Company: Somatus - Revolutionizing Kidney Care
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Director of Population Health Operations will execute and
implement clinical protocols and care management programs
operationally. - Additionally, address the need of improving the
healthcare of the CKD/ESKD -patient population while reducing the
total cost of care. -He/she will be leading and developing
field-based healthcare teams tied to Population Health and
value-based kidney care space.
- Manage a P&L for your market under the guidance of a
Divisional Vice President.
- Assess areas of greatest opportunity within the markets and
target specific cost savings areas through evidence-based protocols
and innovative care management -strategies;
- Drive the development and practice implementation of population
health initiatives and continue optimizing as needed to achieve the
desired clinical and business -outcomes;
- Follow comprehensive assessment methods to identify gaps in CKD
-and ESRD -management within the market and establish relationships
with local -providers;
- Direct initiatives and workflows that focus on social,
environmental, and economic factors that have the greatest
influence on health across a -community;
- Utilize technology to standardize assessments, workflows, and
care planning to take initiatives to -scale;
- Identify and monitor KPIs related to initiatives to determine
short-term and long-term success -measures;
- Support the development of care management methods to draw
actionable insights to target high needs -patients;
- Conduct research to identify best practices and develop a deep
understanding of how to positively impact the overall care of the
- Stay at the forefront of value-based care to gain new ideas and
- Perform all other duties and special projects as needed to
support the overarching goals of the population health operations
- Manage multiple field-based operational teams in the market
which are led by Operations Managers.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Bachelor's degree, preference for concentration in global
health, health management, or business.
- Minimum of five (5) years related clinical experience,
preferably in value-based kidney care, population health,
ambulatory care, community public health, -case -or care
management, or coordinating care across multiple settings and with
- Relevant competencies include clinical program development and
improvement, analytical problem solving, project management,
effective written and verbal communication, and ability to
positively influence others.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with the aid of structured
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and
manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate activities
to consistently meet deadlines and client expectations.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
while maintaining focus on key goals.
- A Master's degree or other advanced degree in nursing,
business, health services research, health policy, or other
relevant fields preferred.
- Eight (8) years related experience.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with care management
- Experience working with vulnerable populations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle and feel; and reach with hands and arms. This
position may require standing and walking for long shifts. Seeing,
smelling, repetitive motion and lifting objects weighing up to 50
pounds at a time are required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state,
federal, or local law.--- Further, the company takes affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are
treated during employment without regard to any of these
characteristics.--- Discrimination of any type will not be
Keywords: Somatus - Revolutionizing Kidney Care, Louisville , Director of Population Health Operations, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!