Company: Frisch's Restaurant
Location: Mount Washington
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the success of the
restaurant and it's alignment with Frisch's vision to be the ""Best
Place to Work, Eat and Own"". The GM is in charge of hiring and
developing employees and managers that share Frisch's values and
vision to ensure company growth. He/she is accountable for customer
satisfaction, the financial performance, food safety, quality
service, and safety and security within the restaurant. The GM must
convey Frisch's culture to his/her staff and show sincere pride in
the Frisch's brand.
- The GM is responsible for fostering a culture focused on
creating an outstanding internal (employee) and external customer
experience. They are accountable for providing ongoing leadership
and operational development for the management team, while creating
a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing
individual and restaurant accomplishments. Focusing on the
Company's vision and values, the GM must lead the restaurant with
integrity, while promoting growth and development through the
identification and development of team members along their career
- The GM will provide clear and consistent directions and
delegate responsibilities to other management staff. This will
inspire staff to achieve and exceed performance standards and
expectations. In addition to delegation, the GM will ensure the
managers are training and developing the non-management staff to
meet Frisch's standards and putting them on a path for
- Conduct meetings for the management team to promote team
alignment, sharing restaurant goals and action plans to achieve or
exceed performance standards.
- Ensure RMs conduct alley rallies with hourly staff and that the
topics are delivered in a positive manner that focuses on exceeding
the customer's expectations.
- Responsible for meeting restaurant financial objectives by
appropriate forecasting, scheduling and monitoring of expenditures
- Establish weekly sales and labor targets; manage profitability;
analyze variances and initiate corrective action to ensure company
objectives are achieved.
- Share results of each period's performance against unit and
company goals with the management team, along with action plans for
- Accountable for achieving and maintaining the appropriate
staffing levels in the unit, and will have final approval of weekly
schedule. Must make sound decisions, with feedback and
recommendations from management team to hire and retain the right
team members that can grow and make the unit successful. Has final
unit authority (with HR support) relative to the hiring, firing,
promoting, transferring, and demoting of staff to have the optimal
team to make their restaurant successful.
- Consistently grow sales and customer counts by role modeling
and coaching the delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
Responsible for executing local restaurant marketing initiatives as
provided by the RSC, and supporting and promoting community
involvement. Ensure all customer complaints are resolved timely and
to the customer's satisfaction.
- Has ultimate responsibility for the unit's compliance with all
health, safety and security regulations, and satisfactory
completion of the unit's safety audit.
- Must regularly enforce and monitor, with the assistance of the
management team, the enforcement of sanitary practices for food
handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and
- Must ensure that proper security procedures are in place and
being followed and that maintenance of facilities and equipment is
occurring and is appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, or related field, and one to
three years of management experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- One to three years of Frisch's restaurant management experience
- ServSafe Certified
- Must be able to speak English fluently. Good communication
skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to speak before a group of individuals
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate (written & verbal), coach,
delegate and supervise
Ability to read, write and follow recipes accurately, as well as
having strong math and organizational skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to
- Ability to prioritize, handle stress and deal with irate
customers in a calm professional manner
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment includes heavy customer contact, working with
cooking equipment and slippery walking surfaces
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Good agility necessary to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, reaching and climbing
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Must be able to walk in and out of refrigerated areas
- Must be able to work around steam, hot and cold foods and
Keywords: Frisch's Restaurant, Louisville , General Manager-Shepherdsville-0213, Executive , Mount Washington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!