Company: PGT Trucking, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Terminal ManagerJoin a fast-paced and energetic workplace where
you can build a rewarding career!With more than 40 years of
transportation experience, PGT Trucking Inc. is a leader in flatbed
shipping solutions with the best drivers, mechanics and office
talent in the industry.If you are interested in becoming part of
our team, there are a few things you should know:
- You will have PURPOSE. Transportation and logistics are
critical to the economy, to commerce and to society; and every
person working in the supply chain plays a vital role.
- You will GROW. Your job will expose you to areas outside of
your comfort zone, like economics, mathematics, technology,
international law and customer relations. PGT offers in-house
training programs and supports education to evolve your role.
- You will be CHALLENGED. No two days are the same in the
transportation industry, and the dynamic nature of the work makes
for a challenging and fulfilling career.Did we spark your interest?
Read on and learn more about this role:How YOU Will Make an Impact
- Reviews and analyzes the operational
and financial performance of all Company units and Independent
Contractor fleets operating out of the terminal on a regular and
consistent basis to ensure all fleets are on track in achievement
of Company individual terminal and team goals.
- Ensures the continual, safe flow of terminal operations in the
most efficient and cost conscious manner possible.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with terminal
customers and potential customers to ensure the success of the
Company's overall marketing strategies. Promotes the development of
expanded and/or new markets as possible.
- Protects the Company's best interests in assuring compliance
with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations,
as well as relevant Company practices and policies.
- Organizes and assigns terminal workload to maximize efficiency
and quality of performance.
- Instructs, guides, supervises, motivates and evaluates
subordinates regarding the daily performance of their assigned
duties in a manner consistent with applicable Company policies and
procedures, as well as relevant local, state and federal
- Identifies and effects resolution of operational problems as
they arise in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Oversees all operations within the terminal including receiving
freight, negotiating rates, pre-loading and loading of merchandise,
and dispatching and routing of loads and drivers.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with
Sudbury Express and other PGT Trucking departments and
- Analyzes traffic lanes and rates so as to ensure maximum
efficiency of production as well as the highest level of Company
- Ensures that all activity in area of responsibility is
conducted in accordance with the Company's safety program and all
related procedures and practices. Ensures that all subordinates are
trained in appropriate safety procedures.
- Monitors operational and sales activities to best coordinate
efforts and avoid possible scheduling and/or pricing
- Explores, documents and recommends to management new methods
and/or systems which when implemented would improve performance in
area of responsibility.What YOU Need to Succeed
Bachelors degree is required.0-1 year
of experience in Transportation.Customer Service, Detailed
Oriented, and Sense of Urgency mentalityMust have attention to
detail and the ability to multi-taskThe PGT Advantage
Competitive salaryMedical, dental and
vision coverageLife insurance DisabilityPaid time off and
holidaysCompany matched 401k Let's put your expertise into action,
because whether you are behind the scenes or behind the wheel, it
takes a TEAM to keep America moving! We are PGT. Join us!Equal
Opportunity EmployerPGT Trucking Inc. is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage
all applicants to apply.Spartanburg, SC 29301 Spartanburg
Keywords: PGT Trucking, Inc., Louisville , Terminal Manager, Executive , Carrollton, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!