Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: March 19, 2023
MV Transportation is seeking a demonstrated leader to join the
organization as a General Manager. This individual will have
primary responsibility for overall operating performance of two
fixed route bus operations. This is for proposed business all
offers are contingent upon MV's award of the contract. Job
- Develops annual operating and business plans and the
accompanying financial budget in keeping with the strategic
- Implements and monitors policies, standards, operating
procedures, and long-range objectives.
- Strong emphasis on monitoring KPI's and troubleshooting and
coaching at the properties to ensure KPI's and other measures of
success are obtained.
- Operations efficiencies, maintenance, facility oversight,
fare-box, safety/security and other functional areas of transit
- Maintains strong relationships with client.
- Develops and mentor's high potential employees.
- Helps to recruit new talent to bring into area to fill needed
- Ensures the highest level of safety compliance.Experience,
Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of five (5) years in a General Manager role having day
transportation management experience of transportation
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience
across multiple locations.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Knowledge of both fixed route management and safety practices
associated with the transit industry.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations
underlying the transit operation.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of
- Travel requirement (as a percent): Education, Licensing, and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration,
Logistics, Transportation, or related field
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check.Physical
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- 90 % of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space
equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.During the course
of employment, employees may receive and have access to
confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and
maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business
records and any other information that MV classifies as
confidential.MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information or any other
legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local
laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this
application is solely to determine suitability for employment,
verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants
may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check
after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Keywords: MV Transportation, Louisville , General Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...