Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
PROGRAM: Housing Stabilization Services
POSITION: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor - Housing Stabilization
STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly
The Case Manager's primary responsibility is to provide case management services to families who are residing in the Volunteers of America's Housing programs. This position develops and monitors a service plan in conjunction with each client assigned in order to empower clients, increase their self-sufficiency and to reduce the likelihood of reoccurring homelessness. The Case Manager will be responsible to assist the individual/family with obtaining needed access to medical, social, educational and other identified services. - -
-Bachelor's degree in social services preferred. - 1 - 2 years' experience, knowledge of crisis intervention and familiarity with available community resources essential. - Case Manager position requires a person with flexibility to work as needed to accommodate the schedules of residential homeless programs, good communication skills, a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and attend meetings as needed. -
1. Knowledge of community resources for homeless families.
2. Develop specific housing opportunities for families in the residence.
3. Develop cooperative arrangements with government agencies involved in providing housing for homeless families.
4. Meet regularly with residents and assist them in applying for and following through with housing opportunities.
5. Maintain all records and reports required by the facility and oversight agencies related to permanent housing goal.
8. Maintain an individual file on all clients including housing history and notice of acquired community resources.
10. Quarterly reporting.
11. - Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
12. - To assist with facilitation of life skills as requested.
13. Other duties as assigned. -
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Case Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!