Director of Community Health & Equity
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements. -
POSITION TITLE: Director of Community Health and Equity
PROGRAM: Community Health
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of VOA Health and VOA Justice - -
STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
The Director of Community Health and Equity will work with the Associate Vice President of VOA Health & VOA Justice at Volunteers of America, Mid-States to support partnerships between VOA Mid-States, VOA, Inc., Managed Care Organizations, and State and Federal Agencies. These partnership will provide community health services to advance health equity and improve overall health for members that reside in the most underserved and disenfranchised regions of VOA Mid-States service areas. The Director of Community Health and Equity will oversee VOA Health a department comprised of two programs Determined Health the Community Health Workers Program, Outreach and Prevention the HIV/AIDS services program, and Community Roots the food justice program. The Director of Community Health and Equity will be a dynamic leader within this partnership who can oversee a team of paraprofessionals, build consensus with diverse partners, and get results.
--- Bachelor's degree in social services, public health or at least five years' experience in a related field.
--- At least five years of management experience, including experience with developing and implementing new programs and leading teams.
--- Experience in case management, care coordination, utilization management and population health system change models preferred.
--- Knowledge of person-centered approach to service implementation and experience with community health work.
--- Sensitivity to cultural norms and socioeconomic characteristics of the population served.
--- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to interface with members healthcare workers/providers and community, local and state agencies.
--- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
--- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
--- Proficiency in MS Office, electronic patient medical data systems and web-based health information databases. -
--- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
--- Ability to exhibit and model a professional, positive attitude and work ethic even in the face of change and challenges.
1. The Director is responsible for the leadership, program support and oversight of Determined Health the Community Health Workers Program and Outreach, Prevention the HIV/AIDS services program, and Community Roots the food justice program. -
2. Works closely with the VOA Mid-States Team, VOA, Inc.'s Director of Medicaid, and the Medicaid managed care organization's team.
3. Serves as point of contact for Medicaid managed care organization and all community stakeholders.
4. Responsible for developing, implementing, recommending changes in, and approving program policies and procedures utilizing a racial justice, health equity, and cultural humility lens. -
5. Create and implement capacity-building strategies focused on advancing health equity with the goal of identifying and eliminating barriers to equity and improving outcomes for all. This includes assessing existing systems and needs, conducting an inventory of existing resources, creating tailored, customized trainings, and other educational materials such as toolkits, fact sheets, webinars, etc.
6. Lead the identification, collection, and tracking of metrics for the future or access initiative based on the overall goal of eliminating disparities and improving health outcomes for all clients.
7. The Director hires, promotes, evaluates the performance of and train program staff; develops program personnel and training standards and procedures. -
8. Establishes and reviews referrals received for both departmental programs.
9. Directs the preparation and administration of program budget in accordance with agency guidelines and complete payroll and monitor staff scheduling.
10. Reviews, approves and writes reports regarding the program activities and submits reports and memoranda to his/her supervisor for review and approval. -
11. Utilizes persuasive speaking skills to engage target audiences and related stakeholders in program activities with other agencies and organizations, explaining program services to, obtaining financial aid and other assistance from such agencies and organizations, and providing them with such assistance. In addition, the Director will be required to follow all scripts, policies, and procedures provided by the managed care organization, and comply with the MCO's training regarding confidential information related to personal information. -
12. Other job duties as assigned
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Director of Community Health & Equity, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!