Senior Ticket Operations Manager
Company: Churchill Downs Racetrack
Posted on: May 28, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY:The Senior Ticket Operations Manager will
provide strategic and DBA leadership for the department, staff, and
products. Assume the role as a department point of contact for
administration of the venue's manifest, inventory, building of
events, pricing, invoicing, online sales & fulfillment, and
reporting. As a team member of the Ticket Operations department,
ensure that the ticketing system is functioning on both dark and
live race days in regards to department and box office needs for
events, tickets, pricing, access control, online features, and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Administer the building of events, ticket types, offers, and
other Archtics, Host, and Account Manager needs
- Monitor the daily operations and functionality for the
day-to-day management of the ticketing system
- Set up and review the inventory of events while distributing
and managing holds
- Ensure ticketing system and digital interfaces match necessary
blueprints while meeting digit, resale, and Ticketmaster Host
- Manage the invoice and ticket templates in the ticketing
- Assist with bulk invoicing, email distribution, and Account
Manager online payment processes.
- Bulk sell the yearly roll over ticket allotment of various
- Create, manage, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly
- Complete seasonal resale set up in the ticketing system and
manage event settings for the TMR resale marketplace
- Monitor and test the ticket management section the Churchill
Downs' venue mobile app.
- Manage the ticketing website and associated applications for
offers, invoicing, printing tickets, images and content on Account
Manager and Ticketmaster.com.
- Manage the daily access controlled event, gate, and ticket
program settings in Ticketmaster Presence Fortress
- Manage the Fortress access control system, hardware, software
and integration with Ticketmaster and other third party
- Troubleshoot and report on Fortress hardware, software, and
- Operate Fortress software in terms of daily event preparation
and closing, custom reporting, gate and secondary assignments.
- Card printing, ordering of card stock, and training of staff to
reprint and research RFID card details.
- Inventory, functionality, programming, testing,
troubleshooting, deployment, tear down, maintenance, and order
Fortress equipment and support computer hardware items for
secondary access units; including offseason storage.
- Assist with the Fortress deployment, space construction, set up
and tear down timelines
- Create the yearly secondary scanning manifest template for
approved tickets to scan at select secondary locations for the
various types of live race days.
- Perform other duties as assigned Ticket Operations:
- Manage requests for customer and event data for sales,
marketing, events, and other departments
- Subject Matter Expert for all Ticket Operations applications,
create internal and external facing how-to guides, update the
guides as critical functionality changes, provide education
training courses and quick hit communication updates as necessary.
Educate the customer and create guides for online download and
- Act as the ticketing operations liaison between departments to
ensure success and education of the ticketing system abilities with
regards to other department needs
- Manage user permission and creation for various technology
applications such as Ticketmaster Archtics, TM1, Fortress,
SecureLink and Revel Digital.
- Create menu boards and digital Revel Digital screen images for
the box office televisions and window sellers.
- Manage the multiple Smartsheet requests such items as employee
complimentary tickets, on sale ticket requests, refund requests,
credential requests, etc.
- Maintain the relationship between Churchill Downs, Fortress,
and the Ticketmaster local and remote support client
representatives and IT technicians. EXPECTATIONS:
- Adhere to CDI/CDRT Policies and Procedures
- Represent Churchill Downs in a professional manner both inside
and outside of the organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload
- Be respectful to colleagues and function in a team environment
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully,
candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic
and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
- 2-3 years of experience with Ticket Operations
- Experience with Fortress preferred
- Experience with Ticketmaster applications highly preferred
- Creative and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal
- Available to work race days and special events
- Possess a willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends
- People oriented, able to multi-task, be organized, motivated
and detail focused
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other related software and
open to learning new technologies EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE:Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college, or
equivalent combination of education and experience is
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written)
with all types of clients, co-workers, and the general public.
Ability to communicate effectively under pressure and when working
under a deadline.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:When dealing with prospects and
clients, employee must show discretion when making recommendations
regarding options and event details for a Churchill Downs Racetrack
MACHINE, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:Computer, printer, calculator, copy and
scanning machine, telephone, software packages, etc.
- Travel Requirements: Does not require travel outside of
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up
to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office
environment, however is expected to attend Churchill Downs race
This work is performed primarily in a business office setting
within a sports and entertainment facility. Events often take place
outside of traditional business hours, on weekends, and holidays.
Some areas of the facility may be noisy and subject to changing
weather conditions. Churchill Downs Racetrack spans 175 acres and
more than 1.5 million square feet under roof with additional
entertainment facilities not protected from weather conditions.
The ability to move swiftly throughout the facility and stand for
long periods of time is necessary. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Churchill Downs Racetrack, Louisville , Senior Ticket Operations Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...