Director of Procurement
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: June 15, 2019
BAE Systems Inc is currently recruiting for a Director of
Procurement to join the leadership team in our Weapons Systems
business. The Director of Procurement will be responsible for the
procurement of direct and indirect materials to support
General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for meeting financial targets and supply base
- Develops and cultivates mutually beneficial supplier
relationships that ensure continuity of supply while maintaining
- Promote an internal and external (supplier) environment where
continuous improvement is the goal.
- Provides leadership over the sourcing and contracting functions
for indirect and direct spend.
- Manages and mentors a team of managers, buyers and procurement
personnel across multiple sites.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Supervises the Managers of the Procurement teams, including
skill development, motivation and performance management.
- Develops performance metrics and drives initiatives to ensure
goals are met on schedule.
- Works cross-functionally to forge collaborative relationships
with engineering, contracts, legal, finance, and operations
leadership to drive best practices.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in developing,
implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and material
control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and
- Leads major contract negotiations. Reviews and recommends
changes to improve contract terms, conditions and procedures.
- Proactively drives the continual search for qualified vendors
in all areas to ensure costs are appropriately aligned.
- Recommends company procurement strategy, goals, and guidelines
on an annual basis; responsible for purchasing of goods and
services in excess of $200M.
- Maintains an approved government purchasing system (CPSR
experience) and responsible for compliance to all FAR/DFARs
- Provides new business proposal support.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or
Required Skills and Education
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS in engineering or BA degree in Supply Chain Management,
Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in the progressive procurement/sourcing or
- 5+ years management and strategic experience in this
- Possess strong business and analytical acumen as well as
superior communications abilities with a demonstrable capability to
influence decision makers.
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and
presentation skills, along with strong analytical and project
management skills data driven and results oriented.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc
does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns,
missile launchers, and naval ship repairjust to name a few. Our
employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They
are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect
the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think
P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our
employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of
strength. Were laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard
every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can
innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but
you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and
collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Keywords: BAE Systems, Louisville , Director of Procurement, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!