Regional Site and Change Communication Manager
Company: Michelin North America, Inc
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Regional Site and Change Communication Manager
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
STRATEGY & COMMUNICATION PLAN
* Manages the development, production and implementation of a
strategic communication plan.
* Directs internal or external partners as required to ensure
effective and efficient translation of communication strategies
into activation plans.
* Periodically benchmarks strategy and communication plan with
other organizations seen as best in class.
* Executes action plans for corporate and brand communication.
* Uses performance measurements to establish a diagnostic.
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT COMMUNICATION
* Understands audiences and develops specific actions and tools to
promote their engagement with the entity/Group strategy and
* Develops managerial communication tools and supports this
communication with the management of the entity.
* Advises management on how to engage their teams, including
equipping plant leaders to improve communication skills.
* Identifies gaps or support materials to improve communication
* Highlights the contributions of people and teams to support
* Identifies obstacles to the implementation of change initiatives
and adjusts communication plans as needed.
* Assists in developing change communication plans.
* Identifies performance measurement criteria and monitors impact
of change communication.
* Drafts messaging for company spokespeople (including plant
* Ensures that all messages are interpreted as intended by the
* Delivers on budget.
* Advises and/or assists the Leadership Team and/or site(s)
management on communication for events.
* Employs crisis principles to classify potential or current crises
* Leverages crisis communication tools to manage crises of varying
* Identifies obstacles that can impact the success of crisis
communication methods and tools.
* In collaboration with, and under advisement of public relations,
develops holding statements to be delivered to stakeholders,
through media outlets and/or on social media.
* Identifies key risk factors for an online crisis, escalating
concerns as required.
* Monitors brand reputation on internal social media and employee
app following the release of crisis communication content.
* Follows reputation management guidelines to maintain the
organization s reputation and authenticity through stakeholder
BRAND STRATEGY AND REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
* Ensures the consistency of the different brands' positioning
within the Group's communication actions.
* Implements through his/her internal partners the Group Brand
management standards in terms of editorial, visual and sound
* Demonstrates understanding of brand performance and communication
* Contributes to a digital communication project and coordinates
* Assists with general digital engagement communication
initiatives, including social media.
* Contributes to create digital editorial calendars.
* Demonstrates understanding of digital measurement and understands
key metrics used to analyze digital initiatives in the site(s).
* Contributes as a key team member, along with site leadership
team, to set community relations strategy. Engages with employees
to support the site community relations strategy.
* Acts as one of the faces of the plant in execution of the
community relations strategy.
* In collaboration with, and under the advisement of public
relations, develops key messages for community engagements to be
delivered to stakeholders through local media outlets and/or on
* Communicates community relations activities and progress to
leadership team, employees and central community relations
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* A Bachelor s degree in business or communications
* 3-5 years of experience in a communications-related position
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not
* The expectation is that 75 percent of the successful applicant s
time will be devoted to internal communication activities and 25
percent will be devoted to community relations.
* Candidates must pass a third-party assessment gauging grammar,
sentence construction, vocabulary, information retrieval and
reading comprehension. In addition, applicants will be asked to
write a short essay.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks
* Change management experience
* Emotional intelligence/ability to use emotional information to
guide thinking and understand motivation
* Good listening skills
* Confidence to ask questions and challenge leadership
* Ability to create relationships
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER: APPLY TODAY!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin
designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle,
including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm
equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and
solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more
environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences,
Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps
and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs
more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants
in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who
work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a
purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent
of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with
our company each year.
Michelin s status as a great place to work has been validated by
the leading authorities on workplace culture:
* Forbes annual survey of America s Best Large Employers, No. 1
* Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work
* " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by
Women in Trucking Association
* Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive
* AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring
that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75
percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer
multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow
and realize their purpose across the span of their individual
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way
Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total
Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life
insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
* Paternity leave
* Maternity leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several
* Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide
* 529 college savings plan
* A 401(k) match
* Free tires based upon years of service
* An Employee Assistance Program
* A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities,
women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any
part of the employment process because of a disability, please
contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
Keywords: Michelin North America, Inc, Louisville , Regional Site and Change Communication Manager, Executive , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!