Psych travel RN needed in Louisville, Kentucky
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- PSYCHIATRIC/PSYCHE NURSE is a registered nurse (RN) with
expertise in mental illness.
- He or she use skills to help those with mental illness live
fulfilling and productive lives.
- He or she may help in mental health crisis intervention and
therapy; aid in medication management; and even assist the patient
in daily activities that are stressful. Duties and
- Performs head-to-toe assessments, manages/assists
group/behavior therapies and other interventions within scope of
- Observes for normal vs. abnormal findings and reporting of
abnormal findings to Charge Nurse, M.D., if warranted
- Intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent
- Performs direct care to acute and chronically ill psych
patients as well as pediatric, adolescent and geriatric population
as related to psychiatric disorders including medication
calculation & administration.
- Performs basic medical emergency procedures & care within
company & facility's policy's & procedures.
- Identifies and manages life-sustaining physiologic and
psychiatric functions in unstable patients
- Communicates therapeutically to patients.
- Able to care and manage patients with eating disorders,
drug/ETOH detox, manic depressive, hallucination-delusions,
suicidal, organic seizure disorders, and management of patients on
- Participates in psych emergency response team including rapid
- Applies restraints, including 4-point, wrist and posey net full
body. Minimum Job Requirements:Qualifications:
- Current registered nurse licensure in the state of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and ACLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
Board Certified preferred, Experience A minimum of two years'
psychiatric nursing experience in a healthcare setting
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, Louisville , Psych travel RN needed in Louisville, Kentucky, Healthcare , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!