Registered Nurse, OR Circulator- Full Time
Company: Dupont Surgery Center
Posted on: September 15, 2023
NO CALL, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS & COMPETITIVE WAGES in a
friendly work environment The Operating Room Registered Nurse,
under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and the Clinical
Director, is responsible for providing peri-operative patient care
in accordance with sound nursing judgment, regulatory and
accreditation standards, and the facility's mission, vision, and
values. The position must provide direct and indirect patient care
across the age continuum; and utilize the nursing process of
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation according to
policies and procedures of the facility. Responsibilities include
cost awareness and adherence to staffing schedule. Directs
ancillary staff in the operating room and central processing.
Responsible for assisting with administrative tasks related to Risk
Management, Infection Control, and Performance Improvement. In
conjunction with the nursing leadership, the OR Nurse may assist
with development and implementation of policies and procedures,
which assure that cost effective, safe, and high-quality care is
implemented. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to staffing schedules, attendance policy, and
cooperates with daily assignments as requested.
- Demonstrates skills as a team player. As a Registered Nurse,
shows appropriate delegation while directing ancillary personnel in
planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating patient care in
the operating room according to accepted standards. May be
requested to perform charge duties.
- Provides direct patient care in clinical areas and demonstrates
- Participates in orientation of new staff
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems timely and
constructively; maintains focus on improving the situation.
- Willingness to teach others and participate in competency
- Completes assigned Cornerstone education in a timely manner
- Participates in all staff meetings for department and facility
for informative and educational purposes.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills with staff,
management, physicians, patients, and family members.
- Establishes and maintains exceptional services to all customers
including physicians, patients, and employees with the goal of
delighting all customers.
- Participates in physician-oriented service teams.
- Participates in service recovery by taking ownership of the
situation and correcting problems. Keeps customers informed of
progress related to clinical operations and provides comfort,
information, and assistance during the process.
- Models' appropriate interaction with physicians, patients, and
staff to ensure high level of service in all areas of
- Reviews daily schedule and prepares cases based upon preference
cards and specific patient care needs.
- Communicates changes as necessary to preference cards.
- Communicates intra-operative care to PACU staff upon transfer.
- Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing with
current and valid licensure with State Board of Nursing.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the Operating Room
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Accrediting Body regulations
and standards related to healthcare.
- Have BLS certification and obtain ACLS certification.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English
communications for safe and effective patient care and to meet
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for own professional advancement.
- Is aware of professional nursing standards and performs in
accordance with them. Education Preferred
- Associates or better Licenses & Certifications Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Sup
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse
Keywords: Dupont Surgery Center, Louisville , Registered Nurse, OR Circulator- Full Time, Healthcare , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!