Medical Office Assistant - VBA
Company: National Staffing Solutions
Posted on: November 20, 2023
At National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor
of working with dedicated healthcare professionals that make a
positive impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across
the U.S. every day. - It is our passion, drive and integrity that
enables us to continue our focus in assisting remarkable healthcare
professionals like yourself in solidifying the best career
opportunities available to you. We're currently seeking a Medical
Office Assistant - VBA to join our amazing team. This position is
part of the VBA MDE (Veterans Benefits Administration Medical
Disabilities Examinations) program. Details of the Medical Office
Assistant - VBA opening:
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Salary Range: $450 - $700 weekly
- Anticipated duration of assignment: 26 weeks
- Anticipated schedule: Days
- Enjoy -peace -of -mind -knowing -you can elect -Day -One
-Medical -Benefits Daily Range of Responsibilities of the Medical
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors to the
office. Determines the need(s) of the caller/visitor and addresses
them accordingly, providing information per organization policy.
Refers inquires of a technical nature to an appropriate staff
member. Takes and forwards messages.
- Schedules appointments for patients including coordinating
appointments with other medical offices and for tests, including
pre-admissions testing. Confirms appointments. May give
instructions to patient, explain an upcoming exam, and/or answer
questions. Maintains calendar(s) for a physician, staff, and/or
department/clinic including patient appointments, meetings, etc.
Collects needed information (including patient charts prior to
appointment/meeting and may brief attendees.
- Completes preliminary registration for new patients and updates
information on existing patient) in the organization's scheduling
system. Obtains necessary demographic information, signatures,
copies, etc. Verifies all information.
- Corrects errors or returns forms to medical staff for
completion/correction. Responds to questions regarding bills from
patients, referring physicians or office staff.
- General correspondence and memoranda. Types letters,
correspondence, memoranda. May compose and send correspondence
under own signature as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files, records, logs,
charts, etc. including organizational files. Retrieves files,
records, charts, and/or the information therein as necessary
including personnel information/time sheets, performs basic data
collection and tabulation creating summaries and reports.
- Maintains and orders supplies for personnel/department as
needed or requested. Audits bills and ensures prompt payment.
- Receives, opens, and date stamps incoming mail. Reviews, sorts,
and directs mail to the appropriate person in accordance with
- Orients new employees, including residents, to Hospital
procedures, schedules and requirements. Qualifications for the
Medical Office Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Requires up to l year of technical or other specialized
training including advanced training in secretarial/medical office
support (e.g.: typing/keyboarding/word processing, medical
terminology, medical insurance/billing, etc.) and office
administrative procedures including customer service etc.
- Must possess organizational and problem-solving skills,
exceptional communication and customer service and a strong
attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, have
good interpersonal skills and a willingness to be flexible and
adapt to changing situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- This job may require sitting for long periods, bending,
twisting and occasionally lifting more than 10 pounds.
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated per the CDC and State
guidelines Submit your resume to us today for consideration of the
Medical Office Assistant opening and one of our dedicated
recruiters will be in touch within 24 business hours. We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: National Staffing Solutions, Louisville , Medical Office Assistant - VBA, Healthcare , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!