Advanced Practice Registered Nurse 1 - Outpatient
Posted on: April 27, 2019
Under broad policies established by Chief Advanced Nurse Practice
Administrator and in accordance with formal collaborative practice
agreement with psychiatrist, provides adult psychiatric services to
CKY clients; collaborates with other prescribers and mental health,
CD, ID, and dual diagnosis professionals to develop programs and
policies that improve the quality of the facility s services; and
efficiently utilizes available resources to maximize administration
of quality care within budgetary constraints.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provides psychiatric clinical services to adults, including
evaluation, follow-up, medication, emergency/crisis intervention,
telephone consultation, etc.
2. Provides clinical consultation and collaboration with CKY mental
health, CD, and/or DD staff.
3. Oversees the quality of psychiatric care administered to adults
through direct observation of clinicians, case review,
interdepartmental communication, consultation with health care
professionals outside the organization, etc.
4. Attends and participates in staff meetings, treatment planning
sessions, case conferences, supervisory meetings, including weekly
formal clinical supervision with the collaborating psychiatrist,
and clinical seminars, providing information relating to program
development and administration.
5. Provides consultation services for families, network agencies,
and community practitioners.
6. Assists Chief Advanced Nurse Practice Administrator in
developing system-wide policies and procedures.
7. Develops and implements clinical programs and policies to
improve the facility s quality of services.
8. Facilitates efforts to obtain and maintain Joint Commission
accreditation by ensuring accurate documentation is recorded and
9. Provides staff training on relevant medical topics.
10. Engages in consultation with the collaborating psychiatrist on
the medical/pharmacologic management of clients.
11. Completes and maintains accurate documentation, according to
prescribed standards, relating to treatment services, case
management services, and advocacy including staff notes, case
reviews, staff transfers, letters, reports, time cards, etc.
12. Conducts case reviews and determines current and future
treatment and treatment planning, including after-care plans for
clients completing treatment, based on quantitative results and
professional opinion of client progress.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this
* Master s degree in nursing or related field with advanced
national certification in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner licensure from the American Nurse Credentialing Center
* Kentucky Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license or
* Federal narcotics license.
* Over three and up to four years of clinical psychiatric nursing
* Thorough knowledge of assigned population (e.g., mental and
physical characteristics, growth and development, and range of
treatment needed), and applicable regulations and standards.
* Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication
* Knowledge of available community sources and CKY services.
* Position has some unusual physical demands, including occasional
exposure to threat of bodily harm from clients and their
* Normal tasks involve frequent exposure to blood, body fluids or
* Scheduling demands may require employee to be on 24-hour call on
a rotating basis.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff
are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on
customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality
improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to
develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and
procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our
employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy.
Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless,
Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National
Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We
provide company paid professional training for various skills,
certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our
employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5
state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence
teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal
Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal
problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job
performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Centerstone, Louisville , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse 1 - Outpatient, Healthcare , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!