River Run Family Water Park - Guest Services Lead (Seasonal)
Company: City of New Albany
Location: New Albany
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Under general supervision of the Aquatics Director and Aquatics
Managers, this position will be responsible for the operation and
management of both concessions & ticketing areas. To operate a
clean, safe, and organized area, per the guidelines of New Albany
Parks and Recreations and the Health Department, while providing
excellent customer service and a positive work environment for our
employee's. Assists in training, scheduling and appraising Guest
Service staff.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES"*" denotes an
essential function of the job
- *Assists the Pool Manager with enforcing all City policies and
procedures related to food and beverage service as they've been
trained, which could simply include promptly making the Pool
Manager aware of any violations.
- *Demonstrates a working knowledge of the P.O.S. system to
ensure it is working properly and takes action to correct problems
- *Monitors and assumes responsibility for safeguarding all cash
and charge receipts generated during their shift.
- *Assumes a hands on role when short staffed and/or during peak
hours of business to ensure a positive experience for the
- *Ensures proper uniform, appearance and break coordination for
all staff in concessions and the ticket office.
- *Displays knowledge of basic math; ability to handle money with
- *Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- *Accurately take and prepare patron orders.
- *Ability to prepare food orders as required.
- *Maintains and keeps a clean and organized work area.
- *Maintains inventory and stocks items as necessary in
conjunction with the Pool Manager.
- *Monitors the Ticket Office to ensure proper collection of fees
and memberships from the public for admittance.
- *Assists with groups and parties.
- *Follow New Albany Parks and Recreation and Health Department
rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. STANDARDS OF
PERFORMANCEDemonstrate informative and professional assistance when
working with vendors, co-workers, and the public.Display excellent
verbal and written communication skills.Reliable and punctual.
Professional appearance and attitude at all times. Maintain City
information in a confidential manner.MENTAL AND PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSAbility to work as a team member.Display professional
appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.Be a motivated
self-starter.Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and
organized.Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.Work under pressure
with time constraints in a changing environment.Stand, walk, sit,
reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl frequently.Life and/or move 5-10 pounds frequently.Lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally. WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND
CONDITIONSThis position requires working in the internal
environment.This position requires a flexible work schedule; night
and/or weekends will be required.The position involves being in an
environment with recreational equipment.The position involves
working in the elements of seasonal weather.EDUCATION, Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have at least one year food handling experience.
- One year supervisor experience, preferred.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written
- A pleasant, friendly, and outgoing demeanor.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned.
- Ability to successfully complete CPR/First Aid certification
within 30 days of hire.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Serve Safe Food Handler Certification OR the ability to
obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Experience in food preparation.EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Concession stand, ticket office, and peripherals.
- Food preparation & cooking instruments
- Multimedia devices
- General cleaning supplies
Keywords: City of New Albany, Louisville , River Run Family Water Park - Guest Services Lead (Seasonal), Hospitality & Tourism , New Albany, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!