Production Team Leader
Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you are a manufacturing professional looking for an opportunity
to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our
Louisville, Kentucky location, you will be responsible for
maintaining daily and/or hourly production expectations as directed
AS A TEAM LEADER, YOU WILL:
- Manage by walking around. Be in constant contact with team
members to identify problems and correct.
- Set up rotation schedule for the line and enforce its use.
- Make adjustments throughout the day on operator lineup to ease
bottlenecks and adjust flow as needed.
- Manage shop order progress and ensure must ships and expedites
get the proper attention.
- Assign trainers for new operators and oversee training plan and
execution. Ensure proper training is received and trainer stays
with the new operator until instructed they can leave. Verify
training is sufficient and complete training cards.
- Manage all resources needed to achieve line metrics daily.
Update visual board daily with current metrics.
- Order parts from MS and transfer parts from line to line as
- Ensure operators are meeting cycle times as required.
- Fill in for production operators on an as needed basis.
- Promote team interaction and positive culture. Address any
employee behavioral, safety, or process issues when they occur.
Pull employees off line if any confrontation exists. Include
supervisor/manager as needed.
- Keep supervisor informed of progress throughout the day, issues
that arise, etc.
- Conduct toolbox meeting with team daily. Communicate any
necessary company messages, specific production line info,
progress, focal points, safety issues, etc.
- Ensure all operators are following the approved work
instructions, processes, visual aids, etc.
- Ensure reworks and scrap are handled in a timely manner (daily,
unless special circumstances arise).
- Coordinate with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Product
Engineering, etc on any issues facing the production line.
- End of shift report, scrap report.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to complete basic math functions
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to read and understand production shop orders and
- Ability to meet all Assembler Physical Requirements
- Ability to defer to management when appropriate WHY EMERSON?Our
Commitment to Our PeopleAcross the globe, we are united by a
singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world
healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our
employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills,
and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and
leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on
end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior
leadership.Our success is measured by the positive impact we make
on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering
focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more
about us!Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the
right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical
insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off
plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday
leave.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & InclusionAt Emerson, we
are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued
and respected for their experiences and perspectives - and that
reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and
inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of
ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our
customers.This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's
values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity &
Inclusion at Emerson.Work AuthorizationEmerson will only employ
those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This
is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J
or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the
future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity EmployerEmerson
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital
status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are
committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or
harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty
accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please
Keywords: Emerson, Louisville , Production Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!