Accountant - Payroll
Company: US WorldMeds
Posted on: June 14, 2019
We are recruiting a Payroll Accountant responsible for the
day-to-day accounting activities assigned to the payroll function,
while ensuring compliance with internal controls, policies,
procedures and GAAP.
General Responsibilities of this Accounting based role focused on
* Act as a system administrator in ADP Workforce Now (ADP) for
* Monitor and validate ADP Time & Attendance system data and upload
to payroll module.
* Enter payroll data for multi-state bi-weekly processing and
ensure that the calculation of earnings and deductions are accurate
and completed in a timely manner, in compliance with federal,
state, and local laws.
* Incorporate and document special pay actions (e.g., bonus, salary
adjustments, retro-pay, deduction changes, transportation
allowances, relocation, awards and special pay gross-ups).
* Validate Excel cross-reference payroll sheet to ADP payroll
* Import expense data from ADP Payroll to Microsoft Dynamics
* Review, verify and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for all
payroll transactions, benefits, and accruals, including preparation
of associated balance sheet reconciliations.
* Verify that payroll-related statutory reports and payroll tax
returns filed by ADP are accurate and filed timely.
* Responsible for review of the W-2s, W-3, Form 940, and other
year-end reports prepared by ADP.
* Responsible for calculating and uploading file to fund quarterly
or annual employer contributions and employee bi-weekly
contributions to employee HSA accounts.
* Responsible for annual 5500 filings.
* Serve as a member of Investment Committee for 401k Plan and
schedules quarterly meetings.
* Prepare audit schedules for and interface with the external
auditors during the year-end financial audit and annual 401k
* Acts as an administrator in Budget Maestro and is responsible for
ongoing updates of all payroll-related data by employee for use in
budgets and forecasts.
* Acts as the day-to-day administrator and contact for the
Enterprise Fleet program and WEX fuel card program.
* Acts as an administrator for the company Corporate AMEX credit
* Reconciliation of benefit invoices.
* Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or related
* Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
* Minimum 3 years of multi-state payroll processing experience
using ADP Workforce Now or another automated system
* Certified Payroll Professional a strong plus, but not
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables,
VLOOKUPS), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
US WorldMeds' is an equal opportunity employer. US WorldMeds' does
not discriminate in any aspect of its employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: US WorldMeds, Louisville , Accountant - Payroll, Human Resources , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!