Systems Security Engineer in Louisville, KY
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Modis is seeking a Systems Security Engineer for a job in
Louisville, KY 40202. The Systems Security Engineer will perform,
manage and support complex Information security projects. As the
System Security Engineer you will serves as a technical resource to
Information Security and other departments.
SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER ESSENTIAL
• Identifies, investigates, evaluates, and provides proficiency in
new technologies and technical disciplines that relate to all
aspects of Information Systems security.
• Provides creative and innovative ideas and approaches that will
enhance systems security at all levels within the Information
Systems organization, in cooperation with the business goals and
strategies of the company as a whole.
• Analyzes, coordinates, and advises, and resolves system security
• Serves as a technical resource to Information Security and other
departments. Serves as a focal point for IS projects with users,
Audit, and IS departments.
• Researches, develops, and maintains IS policy, standards, and
• Establishes IS Security requirements for Application Development
and Implementation Projects. Develops IS Security training programs
and provides training.
• Implements tools that monitor, detect, and report system security
related events and utilize those tools to maintain a secure IS
• Prepares regular status reports on projects and activities.
Prepares estimates of IS resource requirements.
• Configures and implements complex security technologies such as
firewalls, encryption, and server security administration.
• Implements processes to verify threats to information resources.
Maintains current knowledge of issues facing IS and the healthcare
• Oversees the work of other IS team members as it relates to
security and assures compliance with identified regulatory
• Provides after hours scheduled support as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years experience in IS related field.
• 7+ years in systems security and history as a technical advisor
to senior IS executives.
• Bachelors degree in Information Systems or experience
• Thorough understanding of Windows Active Directory and Unix
• Excellent, detailed technical knowledge of multiple IS
environments, such as Windows Active Directory, Unix, Networking,
Firewalls, Encryption, and major application security
• Thorough understanding of major vendor security tools and
• Expertise in Security architecture and design.
• Knowledgeable of the SDLC life cycle and key components of
• Working knowledge of HIPPA, SOX, and any other pertinent
• Excellent analytical ability.
DESIRED SKILLS &
• Microsoft, Cisco, GSEC, CISSP or other applicable IS Technical or
Application certifications highly desirable.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Basic programming or scripting knowledge and experience
Must be eligible to work for any employer on a full
time basis in the United States.
Keywords: , Louisville , Systems Security Engineer in Louisville, KY, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!