Junior Java Developer
Location: Fort Knox
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-11-08
* Category: *Software
* Subcategory: *SW Engineer
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *No
* Minimum Clearance Required: *Interim Secret
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *Secret
* Potential for Remote Work: *Yes
SAIC is looking for a Remote Junior Java Developer to join our team
in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in
Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a 100% Remote /
Work from Home position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide support in specialized technology areas such as
requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessment,
planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation,
performance tuning, deployment, and/or maintenance.
* Assist in design and development of database systems.
* Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
* Test database systems and perform bug fixes.
* Provide database solutions based on technical documents and
* Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and
triggers to support application development.
* Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
* Maintains standard policies for database development
* Create physical and logical database models as per the business
* Prepares documentations regarding database design, configuration
and change management tasks.
* Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques,
tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform
* Comply with the standard and organization requirements relative
to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline; 4 years of
additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's
* Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and
* Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
* Familiar with Spring/JEE and Core Java programming
* Familiar with the Linux operating system
* Familiar with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as
Tomcat a plus
* Knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools,
replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
* DOD Secret Clearance Required to begin, an interim Secret is
acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of
the security clearance for the qualified candidate.
* CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an
exemption to the vaccination requirement at [Contact
Us](https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an
approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer
site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence
over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
SAIC-- is a premier Fortune 500-- technology integrator driving our
nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of
offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence
markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital,
artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise
and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we
integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our
partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions that are critical to achieving our customers'
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an [Equal
fostering a respectful work culture based on [diversity, equity,
that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia,
SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit [saic.com](http://www.saic.com/).
Keywords: SAIC, Louisville , Junior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Knox, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!