Database Hosting Lead
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)Job Family:
Database Analysis/DesignWe are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of
innovation to solve complex technical challenges.GDIT is your
place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and
expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT
and youll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate.
Our work depends on a Database Hosting Lead joining our team to
support one of our federal customers with locations in Bethesda,
Rockville, and Frederick. This will be a hybrid onsite / remote
position; however, the successful candidate will be local to the DC
Metropolitan area to facilitate onsite presence when needed.At
GDIT, we foster a people-centric environment. As a Database Hosting
Lead supporting GDITs federal customer, you will be trusted to lead
a team in providing database services and support. In this role, a
typical day will include leading the team in performing the
- Monitor and provide response to customers requests for all
database systems; advise and provide consultation as needed
- Provide technical consultation for users to use the database
and data analysis tools
- to manage and explore their data sets.
- Conduct necessary activities, which include but are not limited
to, design and implement database security strategies, database
auditing, security, and other tasks as needed, to ensure database
regulatory compliance and a proactive security posture as well as
ensure databases meet the security, privacy, standard, regulatory
requirements, and project specific compliance requirements for the
- Implement standards for encryption which is currently based on
- Provide the project team with all requested information related
to A&A, testing, and auditing activities.
- Set up databases, conduct analysis to determine infrastructure
capacity and install
- database software that users request, and provision and
maintain database instance/containers per customer requirements.
These activities occur as requested by the customer.
- Develop database scripts and OS scripts for automation.
- Implement and manage database interface with other
- Maintain database infrastructures including, but not be limited
to, database software installation, configuration, maintenance,
upgrade, and patches. Complete database upgrades before the end of
premier support or mainstream support.
- Manage database user accounts in accordance with password
- privilege and data access based on customer requirements, and
client connectivity to the databases.
- Ensure user access to the database via network
- Perform database administration tasks, on-call and user
support, operation and maintenance, application database security,
and debugging database related issues for applications.
- Manage database settings that are specific to hosted
- Deploy database schema and make database changes for the hosted
- Implement and manage database replication, or standby databases
based on customer requirements.
- Perform database migration, database refresh, data loading, and
massive data updates.
- Perform nightly batch database jobs and ETLs (extract,
transform, load) to support automation and homogenization of data
- Report to the information security team database systems and
technologies that are within 18 months before their end of premier
or mainstream support date.
- Maintain optimal database performance and resource utilization,
and availability per service level agreement, by conducting, but
not limited to, database monitoring and analysis using specific
performance metrics defined by customer requirements where
- Conduct database performance analysis and tuning to maintain
and enhance database operations, integrity, and application
- Conduct capacity planning analysis of database infrastructure
and provide recommendations that help optimize current capacity and
mitigate risk of capacity related outages.
- Manage backup, retention and restoration as required for
databases. Database backup and retention policies shall be
implemented and configured according to customer requirements and
standards for each database type.
- Perform database backups and recovery on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain backup and recovery capacity on databases.
- Perform disaster recovery testing in accordance with COOP and
disaster recovery plan and GSS to ensure data integrity,
confidentiality, and availability.Our work depends on a Database
Hosting Lead joining our team to support one of our federal
customers with locations in Bethesda, Rockville, and Frederick.
This will be a hybrid onsite / remote position; however, the
successful candidate will be local to the DC Metropolitan area to
facilitate onsite presence when
- BS/BA or equivalent and 10 years technical experience
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- ITIL certification preferred but will consider candidates with
proven ITIL experience
- Proficiency in, but not limited to, database hosting, database
administration, operation and maintenance support for Oracle, SQL
Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, FileMaker Pro Server,
and Oracle Weblogic Suite.
- Proficiency in upgrade, operation, and maintenance support for
Oracle Clinical (OC), including, but not limited to, OC backend
database, OC middle-tier, and OC front-end application.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be
able to give presentations to your team, peers, and senior
management, and represent the concerns and challenges of your team
to the rest of the organization in a clear and professional
manner.WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Rewards program for high-performing employeesNot sure this jobs
the one for you? Check out our other openings at
gdit.com/careers.COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a
vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the
health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer
requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain
positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination
requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor
mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The people
supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Louisville , Database Hosting Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!