Systems Security Engineer in Louisville, KY
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Modis is seeking a Systems Security Engineer for a job in Louisville, KY 40202. The Systems Security Engineer will perform, manage and support complex Information security projects. As the System Security Engineer you will serves as a technical resource to Information Security and other departments.
SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Identifies, investigates, evaluates, and provides proficiency in new technologies and technical disciplines that relate to all aspects of Information Systems security.
• Provides creative and innovative ideas and approaches that will enhance systems security at all levels within the Information Systems organization, in cooperation with the business goals and strategies of the company as a whole.
• Analyzes, coordinates, and advises, and resolves system security related issues.
• Serves as a technical resource to Information Security and other departments. Serves as a focal point for IS projects with users, Audit, and IS departments.
• Researches, develops, and maintains IS policy, standards, and procedures documents.
• Establishes IS Security requirements for Application Development and Implementation Projects. Develops IS Security training programs and provides training.
• Implements tools that monitor, detect, and report system security related events and utilize those tools to maintain a secure IS environment.
• Prepares regular status reports on projects and activities. Prepares estimates of IS resource requirements.
• Configures and implements complex security technologies such as firewalls, encryption, and server security administration.
• Implements processes to verify threats to information resources. Maintains current knowledge of issues facing IS and the healthcare industry.
• Oversees the work of other IS team members as it relates to security and assures compliance with identified regulatory requirements.
• Provides after hours scheduled support as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years experience in IS related field.
• 7+ years in systems security and history as a technical advisor to senior IS executives.
• Bachelors degree in Information Systems or experience equivalent.
• Thorough understanding of Windows Active Directory and Unix Operating Systems.
• Excellent, detailed technical knowledge of multiple IS environments, such as Windows Active Directory, Unix, Networking, Firewalls, Encryption, and major application security subsystems.
• Thorough understanding of major vendor security tools and products.
• Expertise in Security architecture and design.
• Knowledgeable of the SDLC life cycle and key components of project work.
• Working knowledge of HIPPA, SOX, and any other pertinent regulations.
• Excellent analytical ability.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Microsoft, Cisco, GSEC, CISSP or other applicable IS Technical or Application certifications highly desirable.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Basic programming or scripting knowledge and experience helpful.
Must be eligible to work for any employer on a full time basis in the United States.
Keywords: , Louisville , Systems Security Engineer in Louisville, KY, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!