Food Service Worker/Cook
Posted on: April 18, 2019
1. Maintains clean, sanitary work areas.
2. As required, greets clients and/or visitors, serves them meals,
or provides them with requested directions or assistance.
3. Prepares, seasons, and cooks food; carves and portions meat,
fish or foul for individual servings.
4. Plans menus for clients, visitors, and staff; determines type of
food to order; estimates quantity of food to order; and plans use
5. Trains and monitors clients assigned to kitchen duties.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this
* High School diploma or equivalency is required
* Successful completion of sanitation course and certification test
provided by the Louisville Metro Health Department within the first
six months of employment.
* Minimum one-year s food service experience in a commercial/health
* Knowledge of basic kitchen equipment for safe use and
* Ability to read, follow and interpret basic written and oral
* Position requires lifting 50 pounds maximum, with frequent
lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
* Involves considerable bending, stooping, and standing in the
regular performance of tasks, including safe operation of equipment
needed to perform job duties.
* Routine exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and
* May involve routine exposure to light chemical substances such as
* May require 24-hour on-call responsibilities.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff
are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on
customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality
improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to
develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and
procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our
employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy.
Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless,
Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National
Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We
provide company paid professional training for various skills,
certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our
employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5
state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence
teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal
Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal
problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job
performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Centerstone, Louisville , Food Service Worker/Cook, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!