Front End Developer
Posted on: July 15, 2019
This role is responsible for creating client-side web solutions to
meet business needs and objectives with an end goal of providing a
seamless experience for our end-users. Candidates in the role
well as possess the skills necessary to work in a collaborative
environment with business, design, and IT partners.
- Create semantic, W3C valid, accessible, cross-browser
compatible front-end web pages, components, and websites.
- Create, maintain, and implement loosely-coupled, modular
- Act as a consultant to an agency, vendor, IT, or the Digital IT
team to ensure projects are semantic, W3C valid, accessible (as
required), and cross-browser compatible.
- Deliver subject matter expertise within the realm of
integrating front-end technologies with back-end systems, MVC
patterns, and third-party services.
- Work within current constraints of a pre-existing website or
application to extend functionality or support User-Experience
- Work in a Scrum/Agile type environment and deliver upon
assigned work in a timely manner over the course of an iterative
- Be available for execution or support of production
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors
encountered across our web properties, internal applications, and
systems as reported or experienced.
- Provide expertise to influence project, initiative, and
maintenance technical direction during discovery, planning, and
- Maintain modern development standards with best-practice
approaches to front-end coding and development processes.
- Stay current on industry trends and knowledge and utilize the
information to guide the team.
- Provide post-launch verification of features and
- Ensure and maintain an expected level of accessibility in our
- Ensure design parity to provided comps while still meeting
development and accessibility standards.
- Must be proficient in a number of front-end specific areas and
o W3C Web Standards
o Cross-browser compatibility
o Content Management
o Progressive Enhancement
- Must have a sophisticated knowledge of back-end
systems/development including integration points, the MVC pattern,
and working with third-party APIs and services.
- Must be dedicated to best-in-class user experience of all
users, including users with disabilities and users of assistive
- Implement developmental best-practices. Version control (Git),
meaningful commenting and documentation, and standard indentation
and formatting are all examples of this model.
- Recognize our roadmap and strategically communicate an agenda
to reach our goals.
- Understand browser support/standards and recommend adopting
- Work with internal members of the team, IT, and business.
Collaborate to provide the end-user with the best possible
experience. Professionally correspond internally and externally
with our team members and partners.
- Utilize the educational tools provided to you as well as seek
out professional training, development tools, and resources of your
own. Ensure continual growth in your field and to ensure a high
standard of quality for our applications moving forward.
Required Technical Skills
- Accessibility techniques and basics (ARIA)
- Basic understanding of modular design patterns
- Content Management (experience and best-practices)
- Microsoft .NET MVC
- NPM/Node.js (basics)
- Technical writing/communication skills
- Unit and Experience Testing
- Webpack (basics)
Keywords: Aquent, Louisville , Front End Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!