Registered Nurse (NE)
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Under only administrative direction on assignments, provides
professional quality psychiatric, Addictions or Developmental
Disabilities (DD) nursing services by assessing, educating,
counseling, and supporting the mental and physical health needs of
assigned client population groups; develops and coordinates
clinical programs; and offers clinical leadership to less
experienced members of division s clinical staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides clinically appropriate psychiatric, addictions, in-home
services to assigned population groups. Transcribes MD or APRN
orders and obtains requested medical information relating to
clients. Completes medication administration ensuring accurate
prescribed dosage and timely delivery, educating clients in
management of side effects, and obtaining preauthorization of
prescriptions/medications from pharmacy. Maintains accurate &
timely documentation, according to established standards for
nursing practice. Manages a caseload of clients receiving only
medication services, when required. Develops and maintains
treatment planning and case reviews to determine medical treatment,
including after-care plans for clients completing treatment.
Attends and participates in staff meetings, treatment planning
sessions, case conferences, supervisory meetings, and clinical
seminars, providing information relating to medical care of the
client. Conducts case presentations and consultations with other
agencies regarding programs and services offered, when requested.
Consults and collaborates with external agents including CHR;
school officials, family members, physicians, and other health
agencies, regarding organization s programs and client needs and
conditions. Ensures adequate laboratory supplies, medical
equipment, and medications are available to meet service demands
and replenishes stock on a timely basis. Administers pregnancy
tests and drug screens on clients and documents results. Monitors
medical equipment and testing per CLIA standards. Conducts
emergency evaluations of high-risk clients to determine level of
treatment indicated and arranges for hospitalization, as needed.
Provides medical leadership to clinical and business staff.
Provides supervision, as requested, to LPN, CMA, CNA & CCMA team
members. Manages the medical clinics to maximize efficiency and
create a positive experience for clients.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this
* Kentucky Registered Nursing license.
* Two years Psychiatric, Addiction, DD or related nursing
* Knowledge of nursing treatment and related issues, including
mental and physical characteristics of applicable population, human
behavior, and community resources.
* Demonstrated competence in a range of nursing skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong leadership qualities and supervisory skills.
* Ability to manage a caseload with varying levels of client
disability and need. .
* Position has some unusual physical demands, including occasional
exposure to threat of bodily harm from clients and their
* Normal tasks may involve routine but limited exposure to blood,
body fluids or tissue.
* Scheduling demands may require employee to be on 24-hour call on
a rotating basis.
* Reliable transportation for frequent travel between work
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff
are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on
customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality
improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to
develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and
procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission
TIME TYPE:Part time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our
employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy.
Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless,
Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National
Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We
provide company paid professional training for various skills,
certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our
employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5
state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence
teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal
Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal
problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job
performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Centerstone, Louisville , Registered Nurse (NE), IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!