Field Sr Property Claim Rep (Louisville, KY)
Company: Westfield Insurance Group
Posted on: January 17, 2020
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SALARY RANGE: $64,222.00-$73,856.00-$83,489.00
NOTE: Travel is within assigned territory with overnight travel to
attend meetings, training and to respond to catastrophe claims.
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique
experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is
celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly
learn that protecting our customer s future is at the heart of what
we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild
businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has
been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take
initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a
Field Sr. Property Claim Representative - Job Summary
Works within significant limits and authority on claim assignments
of higher technical complexity and coordination. Determines
coverage and investigates, analyzes, negotiates and settles claims
typically requiring outside investigation while delivering quality
customer service in a moderate to high volume, moderate complexity
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job
exists in order of importance)
1. Coverage/Investigation/Liability - Determines whether or not
proper coverage exists for the type of claim assigned. Investigates
thoroughly to obtain relevant facts concerning all aspects of the
claim, such as coverage, liability, legal climate, potential
exposure, and damages, and makes decisions, where appropriate, on
claim resolution. Monitors ongoing case development for
2. Damages - Determines the value of the physical damage of
property, automobiles, or injuries through physical inspections and
use of appropriate tools. Obtains all necessary documentation to
support claim evaluation. Recognizes claim file exposures and
3. Communication - Maintains effective and ongoing communications
with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, other insurance
companies, representatives, vendors, and company personnel.
4. Customer Service - Ensures customer service excellence.
Responsible for the customer and agent experience associated with
5. Reserving/Reporting - In accordance with Westfield s reserving
philosophy, establishes and reviews proper reserves for each claim
based upon thorough investigation, evaluation, and experience.
Completes appropriate reports so that the current status of the
claim is clearly documented at all times.
6. Negotiation/Settlement - Within decision making authority,
negotiates timely and appropriate settlements with insureds,
claimants, vendors, attorneys, and other insurance companies.
Refers claims exceeding authority to appropriate leader or complex
claims specialist with recommendations.
7. Leader Assistance - May assist and direct office staff at Unit
8. Coach/Mentor - May provide technical guidance and assistance to
lower level associates and other functional areas.
9. Travel - Travels as often as needed including regular
utilization of assigned fleet vehicle in order to cover assigned
territory. This may involve traveling on short notice, storm duty,
or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order
1. Ability to handle property claims with exposure typically up to
2. Five or more year s equivalent claims adjusting/industry related
3. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in
the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within
4. Proficient use of various core systems, office and computer
equipment and software packages.
5. Conflict resolution experience.
6. Holds (or has ability to obtain) and maintains appropriate
adjuster licensing and certification(s) in assigned
7. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to
8. Ability to travel, including overnight business trips as
9. Insurance industry designation such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc.
10. Bachelor s Degree or commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+
hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a
computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work
environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone,
computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the
* Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of
conditions, including night driving.
* Ability to physically inspect damaged property and/or loss
locations, including the following: ascend/descend a 24' ladder,
carry 60 lbs. (ex. ladder weight), traverse a sloped roof surface,
walk, kneel, crawl, navigate rough terrain and inspect property in
low light circumstances.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work
performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may
be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as
needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on
compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like
401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement,
flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life
balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all
part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available,
please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity
Keywords: Westfield Insurance Group, Louisville , Field Sr Property Claim Rep (Louisville, KY), Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!