ED Revenue Integrity Specialist (RIS) II, UofL, Full-Time, 1st Shift
Company: UofL Physicians
Posted on: March 28, 2020
This position is responsible for performing daily revenue
integrity audits and charge reconciliation to support the accurate
and timely capture of Emergency Department (ED) charges. Daily
monitoring of patient board and review of census and discharges to
ensure that required documentation is present to facilitate charge
capture. Daily review and processing of ED facility level charges,
ED procedures, injections, infusion, other administrations and
pre-bill edits. Interacts as needed with internal customers to
include but not limited to hospital staff, ED care providers and
leadership, and other revenue cycle team members. Actively
participates in department and hospital performance initiatives
when needed to ensure ULH success.
- Timely review and capture of emergency department (ED) facility
level charges using points tool.
- Maintain productivity standards by ensuring that ED charge
capture remains current or entered within 3 days of patient
- Maintain overall financial viability for UMC Revenue Cycle
through collaboration and effective communication with ED care
providers and leaders as well as coding, billing, and other charge
- Collaborate with care providers to resolve missing
documentation needed to accurately capture ED charges.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Assign the appropriate ED facility E/M level, procedure,
injection/infusion and administration charges for hospital services
in accordance with CMS Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and
- Assign appropriate modifiers with ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS
Level II codes.
- Research and resolve billing and coding issues for ED pre-bill
edits to ensure timely filing of clean claims and overall reduction
of discharge, not final bill (DNFB) status.
- Maintain productivity standards by working to resolve
outstanding ED-related pre-bill edits timely.
- Assists with education of clinical service line regarding
coding and billing.
- Attend required continuing education workshops, webinars, etc.,
for coding/billing compliance.
- Gather and report trends and/or findings regarding billing
errors to appropriate revenue cycle leadership.
- Minimum high school education or GED required.
- Experience related to charging for Infusion and Injection
medications and ED Leveling is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- ED Revenue Integrity Specialist II requires the upkeep of one
of the following nationally accepted Certified Coding Credentials
(I.e., RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CPC-H, CCA, CCS, or CCS-P).
- ED Revenue Integrity Specialist II requires 3 years of prior
outpatient coding (preferably ED coding), ED technician, or ED
clinical nursing experience in addition to the certified coding
- Prior experience ED facility coding, a plus.
Keywords: UofL Physicians, Louisville , ED Revenue Integrity Specialist (RIS) II, UofL, Full-Time, 1st Shift, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!