Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise
U Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise University of
Louisville School of Dentistry
The University of Louisville School of Dentistry invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track position of Associate
Dean for Research and Enterprise at the associate/full professor
level. The position will be available in Fall 2020.
The School of Dentistry’s mission is to be a national benchmark
in dental education, patient centered care and biomedical
As an integral part of the leadership team, the Associate Dean
for Research will:
• Manage the research portfolio of the School of Dentistry and
the School’s strategic planning initiatives related to
• Serve as a resource to department chairs and
associate/assistant deans in the areas of research and scholarly
activities related to faculty recruitment, development and
• Facilitate research opportunities for faculty, residents and
• Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean for Clinical
Affairs to develop mission-aligned research opportunities for
community and population health utilizing the School’s educational
and patient care model.
• Chair research-related committees and task forces (e.g.,
Research and Scholarship Committee) as assigned by the Dean.
• Foster interdisciplinary collaborations within the School.
• Advise the Dean on appropriate School of Dentistry policy
development, implementation, and interpretation for those policies
and procedures related to research.
• Manage and oversee the Office of Research budget and
facilitate the School’s applications for startup, seed, and bridge
• Represent the Office of Research to internal and external
academic communities, alumni, business and industry, government,
foundations, patient and practitioner groups, and the general
• Review and advise the Dean regarding opportunities for the
development of interdisciplinary research programs based on
national and international trends.
• Assist the Dean in the planning and implementation of research
programs relevant to the School.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
• DDS/DMD and/or PhD (or equivalent degree).
• A strong background in research with a track record of
funding, and a current active research program.
• Minimum of five years administrative supervisor
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing
employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard
to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed,
religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy,
or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application
process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the
Employment team at employ.edu or 502.852.6258.
Please apply online at www.louisville.edu/jobs to Job #39029 ,
and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, plus the names
of three professional references to:
Jessica Jensen, UBM
University of Louisville School of Dentistry
Louisville, KY 40292
502-852-5066 phone, 502-852-7163 fax
Job ID: 54543682
Position Title: Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise
Company Name: University of Louisville School of Dentistry
Org Type: Microbiology and Immunology
Job Function: Associate Dean
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Ph.D.
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Jobs You May Like U
Asst/Assoc Professor in OMFS (open rank)
University of Louisville...
Surgical Assist APP - Norton Medical Group -...
Norton Medical Group, a part...
Louisville, KY, United States
Assistant/Associate Professor, Radiology
100 Winners Circle, Suite 300 Brentwood, Tennessee 37027 (978)