Director-Nursing, Med Surg/Ortho, UofL Health-Jewish Hospital,
Days, Full Time Job Locations US-KY-Louisville
Job ID 2020-11745
# of Openings 1
Department 503270-Nursing Admin-Jewish Hosp
Overview Responsible for directing, planning, coordinating,
monitoring, and evaluating nursing care and patient outcomes.
Responsible for resource management, policy and program
development, and fiscal management. Some may be responsible for
24/7 operations of a particular department/unit.
Responsibilities 1. Formulates and implements hospital and
departmental goals for assigned areas. Integrates goals with
overall hospital objectives and plan.
2. Serves as resource in area of expertise within the facility.
Maintains effective working relationships, communication, and
collaborative decision making with members of the medical staff,
other departments, leadership staff, employees, community and
3. Partner with Finance with preparation of annual budgets;
evaluates budget variances regularly. Ensures that supply
inventories are adequately maintained in order to provide quality
and continuity of care.
4. Provides leadership and effective personnel management by
maintaining and evaluating employee performance and attendance, and
providing opportunities for staff development. Promotes and
communicates the culture, values, and commitment of our
organization through programs that ensure provision of high
quality levels of service excellence.
5. Develops base staffing patterns for each area and ensures
availability of sufficient qualified nursing staff to meet patient
care needs while maintaining productivity.
6. Acts as administrator on call as needed.
7. Participates in community activities on behalf of the
hospital. Assists in community health events and education as
8. Responsible for delivery of quality care and ongoing quality
improvement efforts. Assists with quality management hospital wide.
Monitors patient outcomes and develops corrective action as
9. Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
10. Supervises employees to ensure quality work.
11. Leads the organization in maintaining and achieving
licensure, regulatory and accreditation standards.
Qualifications Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required &
Position requires a Kentucky/Compact State licensed Registered
Nurse, BSN required. Masters preferred. BLS required.
Experience (required and preferred):
7 years experience as an RN and 5 years leadership
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.