If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Chief Executive Officer (AMS) Full-time Regular Alliant
Management Services, Louisville, KY, US
30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1036
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – DOCTOR'S MEMORIAL - PERRY, FL
The Chief Executive Officer’s Role in the Organization
In the conduct of the ongoing business of the Hospital, the CEO
is responsible for all business operations, including management of
the assets; hiring, training, promotion, discipline, and
termination of employees; and, for establishing and maintaining the
business organization and structure to efficiently conduct the
management functions. The CEO plans for and administers a program
providing service in accordance with the Hospital’s stated purpose
and in such a manner that optimum results are achieved in relation
to the resources of the facility, and operates under the general
direction of the Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility Delegated to the CEO
For the Medical Staff:
• Insures that appropriate administrative involvement occurs
with regard to the operations of the medical staff.
• Insures that appropriate information flows from the Board and
hospital operations to the medical staff so that clarity exists
around issues, plans, actions and problems.
• Provides appropriate feedback to the leadership team, hospital
organization, and Board of Directors regarding the activities,
issues, plans, actions and problems that might exist within the
• Openness without withholding vital information is a major
aspect of this responsibility. Assume responsibility for physician
recruitment based on the requirement of the Strategic Plan.
For the Board of Directors:
• Develops and recommends to the Board of Directors specific,
written, long- and short-range plans for the development of the
hospital based on the vision, goals and strategies that have been
created for the hospital.
• Maintains appropriate relations with the Board and various
Board committees, and keeps them informed.
• Interprets trends in the field of healthcare in which the
hospital is engaged by maintaining involvement in the professional
field as a whole.
• Assists with orientation and training programs for the
For the Leadership Group and Staff of the Hospital:
• Supervises and directs key staff in the performance of their
• Evaluates the performance of key staff members.
• Provides overall control of and direction for the personnel of
the hospital including active participation in or approval of
• Manages volunteer staff activities.
In the Area of Patient Care:
• The CEO will support an effective program that establishes,
promotes and improves safe patient care and desirable clinical
In the Area of Planning:
• Evaluates the services being provided in relation to specified
goals and standards and recommends modifications, where
appropriate, based on the vision for the future.
• Recommends new programs to the Board.
In the Area of Finance:
• Responsible for the hospital budgets and is accountable for
control of these resources once approved. Directs staff in the
oversight of all financial operations of the hospital.
In the Area of Public Relations:
• The CEO interprets the functions of the hospital to the
community by assisting the Board, through direct involvement and
through public relations programs, including personal contact,
descriptive program literature, and the media.
In the Area of Community Relations:
• The CEO will maintain appropriate relations with other
professional and service groups within the community, within the
healthcare industry, and other hospitals and organizations within
the area of healthcare delivery.