POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Personal Banker is responsible for providing efficient,
professional and quality customer service to all Republic Bank &
Trust Company clients. This position is also responsible for
selling retail deposit and loan products to consumer and business
clients inside and outside of the Banking Center. This position
must help achieve the sales and growth goals for the Banking
Center. Additionally this position must deliver a high level of
service by opening and closing deposit accounts, taking and
processing consumer loan applications, handling and directing
customer service issues.
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
• Previous loan experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous banking experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous sales experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and
• NMLS Registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Through the use of consultative sales, evaluate all clients
for additional deposits and loans, effectively cross sell other
bank products and services to ensure a solid client relationship,
and identify opportunities for additional lines of business.
• Monitor activity of all new accounts, to ensure all cross
sales have been properly activated and on-boarding is followed and
• Open and close all types of deposit accounts (checking,
savings, CD’s) both business and personal, following all bank
policies and procedures.
• Adhere to Bank’s new client on boarding process and
• Actively work calling lists of existing clients to cross sell
for other products or expanded relationships, including retention
of existing accounts.
• Go on sales calls outside the bank to businesses to solicit
for & open employee checking accounts.
• Proactively and efficiently taking loan applications from
clients while utilizing consultative sales approach.
• Answering all types of loan questions; assuming a proactive
role for resolution and follow up.
• Ensures posted deposit rate information is current &
communicated throughout the banking center.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements
affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively
learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and
corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation,
accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; required
for effective interactions with clients to meet financial
investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be well organized and able to multi- task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is
regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or
walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands
and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
• Limited out-of-town travel is required for training purposes
for those outside of the Louisville Market.
• Travel between bank and outside customers is necessary.
• Reliable transportation is required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some
evenings, weekends and overtime work.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for
employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage
originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the
federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing
under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully
or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will
affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in
corrective counseling up to termination of employment.