POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sales and Service Manager is responsible for managing the
day-to-day deposit operations of the banking center. This includes
encouraging and cultivating a strong sales environment through
modeling daily sales focused behaviors for the team. The Sales and
Service Manager is expected to hold his/her team accountable to
those activities that ensure an efficient, smooth, professional
customer service and sales area. This position takes initiative
creating a winning strategy along with the Business Development
Manager to reach banking center goals for growth in deposits,
loans, fee income and net checking accounts.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, some college
• Minimum of 2 years of banking experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years of retail sales experience required.
• Previous supervisor experience required or prior successful
completion of Republic Bank Supervisor/Leadership training.
• Basic computer skills required.
• NMLS registration may be required*
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet
• English/Spanish speaking and reading ability preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that the daily deposit operations run smoothly, and
that Republic’s customer service standards are maintained.
• Sell, open and maintain retail deposit and loan products to
consumer and business clients by conducting outside calls to
businesses, soliciting the existing client base and walk in
clients, and by establishing referral networks. May pull a cash
drawer as needed.
• Efficiently operate in the consumer loan application system
and be a joint person for consumer loan applications that include
credit card applications, unsecured loans, auto loans and other
• Assists in the development and delivery of the banking center
goals and business strategies.
• Directs staff career development through internal and external
• Manage daily and monthly reports, including depository
overdrafts and appropriately resolve pertinent problems.
• Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures as
well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
• Handle and resolve customer escalated issues.
• Makes decisions on check cashing, holds according to authority
limits; manage SSR outages and fraud.
• Ensures all exception and pending items are cleared within the
specified time frame.
• Approve and sign off on waive fees, cashier’s checks, wires
and GL tickets.
• Working with BDM, prepare schedule for SSR and Universal
Banker, always ensuring key and combination associates are
• Community involvement around the Banking Center, including
neighborhood associations and business networking groups.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements
affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these
requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform
ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including
reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate
training to associates regarding these responsibilities and
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and
corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation,
accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must be self motivated and able to work in a team
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is
regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or
walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands
and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the Bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures and
all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates;
coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to
enhance career growth; planning, assigning and directing work;
setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and
rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as
appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and
helping to build a positive team culture.
• Limited out-of-town travel is required for training purposes
for those outside of the Louisville Market.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings,
weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and
statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for
employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage
originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the
federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing
under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully
or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will
affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in
corrective counseling up to termination of employment.