Company: Treyton Oak Towers
Posted on: January 14, 2021
PURPOSE OF JOB POSITION
The responsibility of the Server is to provide full service dining
assistance as directed/instructed in accordance with established
policies and procedures, applicable federal, state and local
standards, guidelines and regulations; and as may be directed by
the Dining Services Director, Dining Room Manager, and Kitchen
Manager, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all
- Minimally possess a 10th grade education
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to
be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as
all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our need
to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers,
patients, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who
occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties
assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are
specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made
to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is
performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification,
for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to
perform the job in the manner indicated.
- Prepares table/chair dining room set up, including linens,
tableware, condiments, table décor as assigned by Dining Room
- Takes meal orders from residents and provides prompt polite
service to all within and without assigned station.
- Uses proper food handling and food safety techniques according
to established policies and regulations.
- Assures and complies with special diets of residents where
- Makes only authorized substitutions to the planned
- Assists where assigned in the preparation and/or service of
meals/food for employees and special events as instructed by an
- Keeps work area clean and uncluttered.
- Ensures proper temperature of food during service.
- Serves food according to planned menu, resident's food
preferences and diet order where applicable.
- Ensures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing
- Checks or assists in checking trays prepared for service to
ensure meals are served accurately in accordance with the menu and
- Performs assigned cleaning according to established policies
and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals and cleaning
- Assists in assuring that the department is maintained in a
clean manner according to established policies.
- Ensures that dishes, etc., are readily available for the next
meal. Where applicable, stores dishes, glassware, tableware, etc.,
in the proper locations in ways to prevent contamination.
- Ensures that food storage areas in the Server Station are kept
clean and are properly stocked and arranged. Reports inadequate
stock levels to Supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining resident security and safety in the
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to the
- Reports all incidents/accidents as established by company
policies. Fills out and files reports as directed.
- Be familiar with the layout of the kitchen, Dining Room and
knows proper entrance/exit areas. Knows where safety equipment is
located and knows how to use it.
- Be familiar with the company Emergency and Disaster policies
and procedures and can follow instructions and procedures during
drills and actual occurrence.
- Completes all work assignments within scheduled
- Adheres to the department dress code. Always appears neat,
clean, with uniform spotless and pressed. Shoes are cleaned and
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm
- Participates in programs designed for in-service education, on
the job training and orientation classes for newly assigned
- Reports resident, visitor, employee complaints to
- Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and
cognitively compromised patients.
- Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal
injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious
diseases and odors.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with
working with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries
and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information,
using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive
feedback and advice from others.
- Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism,
courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive
- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions,
certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards and patient rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with
others in attending to and meeting their requests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and as required to
effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are
in the best interests of the company.
RISKS AND DEMANDS:
Someone performing these duties should be in good physical
condition and possess the following physical capabilities, with or
without reasonable accommodations.
- Use of proper body mechanics and techniques for bearing
- Walk through the department, office, and other locations as
- Lift objects weighing 50-100 pounds or more.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, and reach when performing
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is communicative with residents, visitors and personnel under
various conditions and circumstances.
- Must communicate clearly.
- Is subject to sudden temperature changes when walking through
- Is subject to falls, cuts, burns, infectious diseases
throughout the workday.
- Is responsible for any and all personal belongings brought into
HIPAA & THE MINIMUM NECESSARY STANDARD
The Employee shall maintain the confidentiality of all the
protected health information (PHI) whether electronic, written or
oral to which he/she may be exposed either during the course of
their duties or the result of an incidental disclosure. In
accordance with the minimum necessary standard, the employee may
only access PHI to perform the job as a Server.
- View, create, add, and modify all clinical and demographic
protected health information.
- Disclose clinical and/or demographic protected health
information for the purpose of patient treatment, healthcare
operations and/or payment for services.
- Disclose all protected health information for any authorized
- The minimum necessary standard must be applied in all matters
and shall continue privacy protection during non-working hours and
after employment is no longer with the company.
Keywords: Treyton Oak Towers, Louisville , Server, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!