Director of Republic Payment Solutions
Company: Republic Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
"Republic Bank believes in the development and advancement of
our associates. We offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of
the company to prepare for future advancement. Come join our team
for a career, not just a job!"
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
Republic Bank's Republic Processing Group assists in bringing
alternative financial services to a wide spectrum of customers. We
are looking for an innovative and collaborative leader to continue
to direct our success in our Republic Payment Solutions division.
This position holds a crucial strategic role in our continued
growth of our payments program. This individual will directly lead
a team of associates and stakeholders to extend and promote
selected payment initiatives.
The Director of Republic Payment Solutions is responsible for
propelling the growth of the program and maintaining the finance
operations, program procurement and risk management of Republic
Bank's Prepaid Card and Payments programs. This includes: meeting
management's objectives and financial goals while developing the
Prepaid Card and Payments programs; designing and implementing the
operation, risk management and financial functions of the Bank's
Prepaid Card and Payments programs; providing oversight of the
program procurement process; and providing guidance and
coordination for the introduction and implementation of products
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of
education/experience is required.
- Minimum 10 years' operations and risk management experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience and leadership, including in direct
client engagement within the card or payments products industry
- Minimum 7 years of management experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint applications required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strategic planning, including measurable
components to provide the framework to grow and maintain a prepaid
and payments programs within the bank, while integrating with the
operational functions of prepaid card and payments processors and
- Develop and maintain a leadership role in maintaining and
strengthening Republic Bank's image in the prepaid card and
- Develop and maintain structure, processes, systems, and
procedures for the prepaid and payments business line including all
legal, compliance, operational and regulatory requirements.
- Innovate payment and deposit products and services to meet
current and future consumer needs.
- Collaborate with management team to ensure prepaid and payment
programs are established within existing structure and augment when
- Monitor competitive products, pricing, new technologies and
industry trends, evaluating opportunities and developing strategies
to remain competitive.
- Provide recommendations on pricing and product profitability of
new and existing products by analyzing revenue and cost
- Communicate product initiatives with executive management and
other bank associates with supporting analysis and
- Develop an effective network of communication within the
operations team and with key working units to ensure shared
knowledge and understanding of business activities.
- Monitors area of responsibility and implements effective goals
and tools to measure success for driving the team effectively.
- Attend industry tradeshows and conferences as appropriate.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning to support strategic
- Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements
affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these
requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform
ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including
reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate
training to associates regarding these responsibilities and
- Model and foster behaviors that support the bank's values and
corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation,
accountability and dedication to the organization.
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects as
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong project management/ product development experience.
- Must be able to manage time and resources; complete projects
efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; effectively
develop/deliver presentations and proposals, negotiate customer
deals, understand/meet customer's financial investment objectives
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with both
internal and external customers.
- Ability to recommend practical ways using innovation, good
judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.
- Mature business judgment and ability to work collaboratively
across departments to develop and implement new products and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is
regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or
walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands
and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the Bank's guidelines, policies and procedures and
all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates;
coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to
enhance career growth; planning, assigning and directing work;
setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and
rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as
appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and
helping to build a positive team culture.
- This position may be work-from-home eligible. Individual
participation to be permitted at management discretion.
- Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
- Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
- Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and
- Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory
and regulatory changes.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
Keywords: Republic Bancorp, Inc., Louisville , Director of Republic Payment Solutions, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!