Centerplate, a Sodexo company, and our partner venues have been
defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality,
expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places
across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and
leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the
time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable.
"Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
We are looking for a Concessions Manager to work at The KFC YUM
Center located in Louisville, KY.
The KFC Yum! Center has achieved great success since opening in
2010 by attracting high profile events to Louisville. The arena was
ranked 65th worldwide and 32nd in the U.S. in Pollstar Magazine's
2012 year-end Top 200, recognizing arenas for concert and show
The KFC Yum! Center is also the official home of the University
of Louisville men's and women's basketball programs and women's
volleyball program. Aside from being a great concert and sporting
event venue, the arena also has breathtaking spaces to rent for
large or intimate private events varying from weddings to
The Hospitality Manager- Quick Serve is responsible for all
aspects of Quick Serve (concessions) operations, to include
multiple-concept food courts, permanent stands, portable carts and
kiosks, in-venue restaurants, private clubs and upscale suite
The Hospitality Manager- Quick Serve will develop, communicate
and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive
Quick Serve sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall
financial goals. He or she will maximize sales by ensuring that
guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service
expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
The Hospitality Manager- Quick Serve will contribute to
Centerplate's goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the
performance of activities geared toward the creation of an
energized and positive work environment for Quick Serve department
- Maximize Centerplate's Quick Serve revenue and operational
excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and
policies related to concessions operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quick Serve Supervisors,
Leads and front line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer
transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event
Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal
commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education
and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a
diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a
large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience
strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over
multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and
general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or
contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of
organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to
include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and
management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment
- Self starter who can work independently and on several
tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional
areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise;
must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to
maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Centerplate, a Sodexo Company is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age,
genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable City, County or State law.